Double NGD: 1964 Jaguar and 1967 Telecaster

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's pretty rare for me to have a Fender NGD, let alone two within a couple of weeks of each other, but here we are.

The first is a 1964 Jaguar that the original owner stripped (mostly) of its 3-tone Sunburst finish and varnished a long time ago. :eek: I'll likely be giving Andy at @BadMojo Vintage Makeovers a ring soon, but need to get some stuff sold first as my gear fund is currently broke as a joke.

@Kinghat purchased this from the original owner's son and then it ended up at Dallas Guitar Traders, which is where I got it. Too bad I didn't catch it in the classifieds when he posted it here. After I got it, I was a little unsure about it as it needed a little TLC (it had already received quite a bit by @Kinghat before I got it), but I had some time this weekend to clean it up, replace the foam under the bridge pickup (it was way too low and wouldn't raise), turned around one of the switches (which was backwards), put a Staytrem bridge on it, and restring with 10.5-52 strings (really nice for me on this scale). It sounds and plays really great now. I had questioned whether or not this would really add anything to having a Strat and a Jazzmaster, but now that I've got both pickups nicely balanced, it really is its own thing.

Here are a couple of pics that I took after getting it back in nice playing condition...

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
The other one is an all-original (other than a recent refret) maple cap 1967 Telecaster that I got from @NL128 maybe two weeks ago. This one has pretty quickly become one of my favorite guitars. I happened to have an original ashtray for it as well, so it's really complete now. There's not all that much to say except that it's just amazing. I intended for this to replace my 1973 Telecaster Custom, but I'm just not sure I can part with it. They make a great pair! OK, I'm tired of writing, so here are the goods on this one...

charlie chitlins

Reaction score
Sweet!
Another victim of the '70s Natural Wood Scare!
Whoever did the refret on that Tele did a beautiful job saving the lacquer.
I just did a '67 Rick with a big pool of finish on the north side of every fret, and it turned out as well...I was nervous about it! They must have hung it from the headstock and laid it on HEAVY!
Congrats!

Crotch

Skippy Handleman
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats. I almost bit on the Tele to go with my 70 Strat but have something else brewing right now and couldn't. Glad you got it David.

BadMojo

Reaction score
Happy NGD! That Tele got it goin on :drool:. I love the way Fenders weather check. Thanks for the mention. Hit me up anytime.

:cheers2:
Andy

bassmannlespaulman

Reaction score
I have a jag jazz tele and strat they all got their own sound. I used to think once you had a strat and a tele that's all you needed. But I'm glad to have both the jag and jazz they're very similar and betty different sounding too

Latest Threads