Double Cut Special with Crown Headstock?

themollusk79

Reaction score
Anyone ever seen this before or know anything about it? TV Yellow Special with Crown Headstock. Possibly re-necked? Only info I can find is that the guitar was stolen from her in the early 70s.

Anyways, if you don't know the answer, you can still enjoy this video of an obscure female rock group from the 70s. Cheers.

WayneLawKid

Reaction score
I had one 4-5 years ago. It was a TV yellow refinish, but otherwise pretty original. It had a 4-digit impressed serial number in the 5000 range ala early 1961. Definitely was not a reneck. Here are a few shots of it that I could find quickly.

image.jpeg
image-2.jpeg

themollusk79

Reaction score
WOW! So it does exist! I'm assuming cherry was the original finish of yours? I'd love to find one of these.

WayneLawKid

Reaction score
WOW! So it does exist! I'm assuming cherry was the original finish of yours? I'd love to find one of these.
I'm guessing it was originally cherry. When I purchased it, the refinish had already been done. There are other examples out there with the crown headstock inlay. Fretted America had one for sale for a while. Keep your eyes peeled! I do not think people really ask for a premium for the rarity of the crown inlay.

Pete M

Reaction score
I've seen a few. They seem to be very late in production, just before they changed to the SG body shape.

Latest Threads