Double Cut les pauls and changes

Jedadiah

Reaction score
Never pass up the chance to post pic's of my DC though i really should take more recent pictures as i have now refitted the pickup covers after i artificially aged them with the aid of aluminium tape, a bead blast cabinet and some Micromesh!

93520923.jpg

84208c52.jpg

44940f15.jpg

Reaction score
I just pulled the trigger on this one and it should be in my hands early next week. 2007 Plain top. I couldn't resist...

lpdc4.jpg

Ansen

Reaction score
Hello to the board, :wave:

i'm new here and like to share a couple of photos from a jan.98' standard plus in something transluscent bluegreen. You can see the aging and yellowing of the clear coat pretty good on the neckbinding..

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• LPDC98-5.JPG
    LPDC98-5.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 433
  • LPDC98-3.JPG
    LPDC98-3.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 346
  • LPDC98-2.JPG
    LPDC98-2.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 353
  • LPDC98-4.JPG
    LPDC98-4.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 634

woolenmammoth

Reaction score
damn! that blue is awesome!! you know where to go if you ever want to sell that guy!

Hoboman

Reaction score
Here's my current three. It's not too often I have them all in the same place at the same time so I snapped a pic with my phone (bad quality).

DCS.jpg

Jedadiah

Reaction score
Here's my current three. It's not too often I have them all in the same place at the same time so I snapped a pic with my phone (bad quality).

DCS.jpg

THREE!:shock: Now thats just greedy!:applause:

Jedadiah

Reaction score
See, i much prefer a stop tail, m'self. I don't know wether it's an 'intonation' thing, changing string gauges etc, or if it's a belt and braces thing, allowing more dilligent adjustment, or even if it's an asthetic thing? I just find that, if i'm looking at guitars, if i see it's a wrap, i move on. Go figure.

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So is it better to have the wrap tail or stop tail?

Wraptail offers the greatest amount of richness, sustain, and perhaps most importantly, stability. May as well have a Strat bridge if you're gonna mess with the Tune-O-Matic.

That said, you do have to play a wraptail guitar differently; you're compensating for the lack of individual string intonation by working the strings with the left hand so that they remain consonant with each other up and down the fretboard. Same thing you do on an acoustic, but with tube overdrive! :D

randelli

Reaction score
I think I will bottom-wrap my wraptail when I get it.....

Could be the new green?

Ansen

Reaction score
Wraptail offers the greatest amount of richness, sustain, and perhaps most importantly, stability. May as well have a Strat bridge if you're gonna mess with the Tune-O-Matic.

So i realy wonder, why gibson doesnt equip all that customs and standards with a wraptail.. :naughty:

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think I will bottom-wrap my wraptail when I get it.....

Could be the new green?

:laugh2:

What could possibly go wrong?

This is purely subjective, but...

I've never touched a guitar that was as easy to bend notes with as my LPDCs. I don't know how, don't know why, but it is what it is. Better than TOM, better than Strats; my best guess is that because the bridge is so stable, it's the guitar itself that flexes when I bend strings, and there's something magical in that. :thumb:

Ansen

Reaction score
dont feel offend, i understand what you mean, its the smooth handling of the guitar itself in its completnes (xcuse my bad english) not only the warptail.

I have a studio and a dc, both 630 mensur, equiped with 498R/490T, nashville bridge and stoptail, same string gauge 10/46. The studio is a nice player, fine 59' neck, les paul tone, comfortable etc..

But when it comes to direct competition, the dc..i cant descripe..like sliping in velvet..very low action, impressive brightness and articulation, sustaiiiiiiiiiin

I feel the same, it supports your bendings in a way, so you need less power for..

Could it be, that this is the result the of whole construction of that model, with the long neck touching the chambered body at the 22th fret ?

Cant help, i love them also..:dude:

Sorry, i must add another Photo to this thread :thumb:

attachment.php

dc's are sexy :D

Attachments

• IMG_0127.JPG
    IMG_0127.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 210

nutsauce

Reaction score
I want one badly!! So far I just have this Edwards DC Jr. but it is enough to make me know I want a 2 pup Gibby.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 000_0001a (3).jpg
    000_0001a (3).jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 204

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
So i realy wonder, why gibson doesnt equip all that customs and standards with a wraptail.. :naughty:

Ted McCarty invented the TOM bridge at the request of Gibson sales representatives. :thumb:

Same reason that humbuckers have adjustable polepieces. :cool:

Latest Threads