Door in the Sun?

Lyrica

Songwriting Machine
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
there was an old science fiction novel where space travel was based on the "jump coordinates" system. humans jump point was actuall located within our sun, and when we explored the nearest jump point to "us" we found a race of beings even more reckless than us, and far more advanced, (and had been many times because their civilization kept crumbling due ot their recklessness) but their shields were made to expand due to heat so although they had jumped ot our system many times in many generations, their ships always ended up exploding from the ever increasing amounts of heat generated by an expanding shield surface, whereas human shields were of a different design.

anyway, apparently once the captain of the human ship figured that out, they turned tail and ran and it was assumed that ever after humans put guards at the sun.

completely irrelevant most likely but your post made me think of that book. I think it was "mote in the sun" or some such, and i can't remember the author.

Matt_21

Reaction score
Maybe the Egyptians DID put guards on the sun.
Or the Mayans.

The possibilities...

PeteK

Reaction score
xbox360? Frikin Luddites! Get a PS4 and we can talk about aliens!

Byron999

Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rAZg80R0i8[/ame]

We recognize there are more civilizations way more advanced than ours within the universe.

And we speculate they (many of them) would not only have the means to visit, but indeed should already be here.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNhhvQGsMEc[/ame]

Matt_21

Reaction score
Yeah, I saw the website and thought, how did this get picked up?!
(I found the link on Google news.)

Death Incarnate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

circles

Reaction score
You are all forgetting that the Sun is a perfectly safe place to visit, as long as you go at night.

Kuskas Nor Fyn

Reaction score
Well, the Faeros probably have transportals there, just like the Hydrogues can enter the solar system through Jupiter. (Anyone read The Saga of Seven Suns?)

bungle

Reaction score
Made me think of Troubling Mind "For the sun will shine through my back door one day." Richard M Jones. Love playing that song. Carry on..

Phil47uk

Reaction score
Doors in a hollow sun?.....:facepalm:

What next.. Holiday camps on Mars and that our pug is really an alien , a relative of Frank in 'Men In Black' and a member of the Royal family of the planet Zoltar in the Vega star system...:laugh2:

The Fermi paradox is probably correct in asuming there are a percentage of planets out there that harbour life.
Intelligent life however is a whole different ball game.
For any life form species to become so called intelligent like us ( Although that's even a debatable description of many people I have met ) takes millions and millions and millions of years of evolution.
That's if they survive without being wiped out by comets, disease etc etc. Having the exact right conditions regarding water , a moon , tides and planets like Jupiter which act as a local vacuum cleaner for space debris. Then even if they have and do reach an advanced stage they then face an even bigger hurdle of not wiping themselves out.
So far out there we have not detected any signs of any advanced intelligence ( Not saying they don't exist ) but now the odds have really come down considerably.
A slight flight of fancy and wishful thinking with regard our hollow sun with a door that opens and shuts..
There are some 8.7 million different species of life on our own planet alone , yet only one that is advanced, so the odds therefore come down yet again.
Life is one thing.. Intelligent life however narrows the odds way down.
Ya gotta laugh though at some of the things people will come up with to sell a story.

Besides we all know that there is only one life form in here that has his command centre situated in a water pumping station deep in the heart of Texas and who holds the fate of the whole galaxy in his hands..

Bytor1958

Reaction score
Don't forget this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VZC5vFVJJY[/ame]

Latest Threads