Donuts, death and doo-doo

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
They will never lay off an employee due to lack of work.

Thanks for this Scott. I think I've found my part-time job after I retire from the court. Beats the hell out of "Welcome to Walmart."

scott1970

Reaction score
They will never lay off an employee due to lack of work.

Thanks for this Scott. I think I've found my part-time job after I retire from the court. Beats the hell out of "Welcome to Walmart."
I’ve heard it is a lucrative business, and I’ve considered it upon retirement. I wouldn’t consider doing it as hired help, though. Give me two or three grand and I’ll head in with a hook bill knife, Hefty bags and the quicker picker up paper towels.

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve heard it is a lucrative business, and I’ve considered it upon retirement. I wouldn’t consider doing it as hired help, though. Give me two or three grand and I’ll head in with a hook bill knife, Hefty bags and the quicker picker up paper towels.
Call me when you're ready. I'll throw in with you.

Mannish Boy

Reaction score
After having to take care of my elderly mother and my elderly blind FIL, I know from first hand experience that one fresh turd the size of a bic lighter when mishandled can contaminate 852 square feet of a home. from floor to ceiling and all points in between. No way that I could ever do that again. Oh the stories that I could tell.....

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
After having to take care of my elderly mother and my elderly blind FIL, I know from first hand experience hat one fresh turd the size of a bic lighter when mishandled can contaminate 852 square feet of a home. from floor to ceiling and all points in between. No way that I could ever do that again. Oh the stories that I could tell.....
On the topic of mishandled turds ...

Oldskoolrob

Reaction score
Having been to my fair share of trauma and death scenes, I can only say that I wouldn't be cleaning it myself. Either pay a professional or light 'er up!!

fleahead

Reaction score
Such unpleasantness and it is in fact, a painful and required fact of life. 99% of people don't think about these things and I pity everyone that eventualy does.

And the people that perform these duties... well, I just cannot imagine....

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's all fun and games till the cake gets you punched in the mouth.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
As someone who used to be involved with this type of work - they don't make resperator-masks strong enough.

Thankfully, I don't have a weak stomach. The really shitty thing is (pun totally intended), that smell (of death) almost never goes away. No matter how many, or much of any chemicals are used. Just like nicotine residue, it permiates EVERYTHING!

To this day, if I smell anything that remotely smells that way, my sense-memory goes crazy.

Mad props to the people who choose that line of work, as a career.

But, like the saying goes: "Somebody's got to do it".

LP121

Reaction score
As someone who used to be involved with this type of work - they don't make resperator-masks strong enough.

Thankfully, I don't have a weak stomach. The really shitty thing is (pun totally intended), that smell (of death) almost never goes away. No matter how many, or much of any chemicals are used. Just like nicotine residue, it permiates EVERYTHING!

To this day, if I smell anything that remotely smells that way, my sense-memory goes crazy.

Mad props to the people who choose that line of work, as a career.

But, like the saying goes: "Somebody's got to do it".
Much like when I was an exterminator (25 years ago). The smell of an infestation, be it rodents or insects, is very distinct.

To this day, I know that smell instantly, even if others don't.

Latest Threads