Donuts, death and doo-doo

scrumm21

Reaction score
And cake doughnuts suck. I stand firm on that!
Chocolate covered Cake donut is a weakness of mine......

There is a local family bakery that has been in continuous operation here since 1925. Their simple glazed yeast donut is unlike Any you've ever had. People stand in line for a hour for 'em. They pretty much only make about 4-5 types of donuts. My father was good friends with the Patriarch and the family..... some of my earliest childhood memories are being back in the shops kitchen watching the old man flip the donuts. Spaldings Donuts

scrumm21

Reaction score
people may laugh, but when you need 'em, you REALLY need 'em.
It's an expensive service. And worth every tucking penny.
About 10 yrs ago, at the Autobody shop I was in for 18 yrs, we had a local company's work van towed in..... An employee had pulled off the side of the highway and used a shotgun to end it all. This was in July. Insurance Co contracted with a firm who sent a guy who spent 3 day in a Haz Mat suit in that van. Daily temp was high 80's.

That dude earned every penny.

sonar1

Reaction score
Chocolate covered Cake donut is a weakness of mine......

There is a local family bakery... Spaldings Donuts
Upstate NY?

Red and white swirl stripe cellofane window boxes?

I think we got the confectioners sugar powered in Penn Yan!

dspelman

Reaction score
people may laugh, but when you need 'em, you REALLY need 'em.
It's an expensive service. And worth every tucking penny.
I've been working in bars where the feces and bodily fluids cleanup alone should keep them in shekels for the rest of their lives.

dspelman

Reaction score
Pro winter driving tip: if you have a cake on the passenger seat, you will drive with more care, and the smoother steering and braking inputs help you maintain in control in low-grip situations.

They taught me this when i moved to Minnesota . Really . Drive with Cake.
And all this time I just thought I was having vision problems reading that bumper stinker.

Other things you learn in Minnesota:

Never challenge a moose in any way.
If you're fishing at one of the ten thousand lakes, the bluegills are just bait for the mosquitos. They're big enough to swoop down, grab your catch, and pull your rod out of your hands. And suck you dry in the next pass.
Dress well. If the bears think you're garbage, you're also toast.
Native Americans still own the state, but you won't realize that until the bars close.
Swedish is the state language. Still.
The woods are a great place to dump bodies. No human has ever found one there.
Wild rice isn't all that wild.
You know you've offended someone when there are snowshoe tracks all over your car and an arrow in your radiator.
They think the Lakers will be back. Any year now.

scott1970

Reaction score
And all this time I just thought I was having vision problems reading that bumper stinker.

Other things you learn in Minnesota:

Never challenge a moose in any way.
If you're fishing at one of the ten thousand lakes, the bluegills are just bait for the mosquitos. They're big enough to swoop down, grab your catch, and pull your rod out of your hands. And suck you dry in the next pass.
Dress well. If the bears think you're garbage, you're also toast.
Native Americans still own the state, but you won't realize that until the bars close.
Swedish is the state language. Still.
The woods are a great place to dump bodies. No human has ever found one there.
Wild rice isn't all that wild.
You know you've offended someone when there are snowshoe tracks all over your car and an arrow in your radiator.
They think the Lakers will be back. Any year now.

Some years ago I worked with a native Minnesotan. He killed a Southerner one day at work, but the dead man had it coming so I didn't take sides. He also married one of our Southern women and took her back up north. I give him a hard time about replicating the atrocities of the 1860s.

Mike I

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Bio-One?

My wife is missing ( Undiscovered), and my bloody septic tank is stopped up. Again.

Send Joe...

toymaker

Reaction score
Familiar with the business model.

Bio-One is not a company I'm familiar with. There are a few franchise operators out there- including one out of Dallas you want to steer FAR AWAY from.

I love the help first, business second tagline. In my experience these guys are ALL business...and business is very profitable.

I have heard the horror stories of families being handed 20-30k bills for clean up following discovery of a deceased elderly relative or suicide. What's worse is - don't pay these guys will bug the bejesus outta you - then lien the house under a builders lien.

Death is big money - hit en when their vulnerable and not thinking clearly. I was once offered a huge deal for a collection company specializing in estates. Basuc asset checks, finding things that were slipped to relatives names to avoid probate/collection. Turned them down flat - some things are bigger than the $$...knowing I wouldn't be shaking down people for grandpas medical debt was one if them to me.

Latest Threads