Don't see the Les Paul Standard 60's on Gibson.com anymore

Markv77

Reaction score
I don't see the Les Paul Standard 60's on Gibson.com anymore under the "Original Collection". They still have the Standard 50's edition with the fatter neck. Did they discontinue the 60's?

Benniator

Reaction score
Could be a website error. I don't see any merchants discounting them. Still, glad I grabbed mine.

519tbarr

Reaction score
No! I'm guessing but I also noticed the Les Paul Classic has been removed from the website.
I wonder if Gibson had a bunch of bodies and necks to blow through on the "Modern" series Les Paul Classic in 2019.
Maybe this year they will bring back the 1960 Les Paul Classic in some form or another. I see they posted the 125th anniversary Les Paul Supreme in the Modern Collection as coming soon.
Clearly 2020 models will be being posted shortly!
I have been a big fan of the Les Paul Standard 60's - seem's Gibson is breaking it's own rules already in terms of playing around with the models!

Also noticed the Les Paul Standard 50's sunburst models are taken down too.

Markv77

Reaction score
Yeah if they do pull the 60's, then that would contradict what they said earlier in the year about no longer changing models yearly(hence the removal of the "made in 20xx" on back of headstock). I picked up a 60's model recently, and all the stores in the city were down to just some leftovers. Not a lot of inventory.

I wonder if you are right about the bringing back the classic 1960 model we saw in the 90's and early 2000's.

PierM

Reaction score
Could easily be the web guy, instead copying/pasting a product to edit in a new one, he overridden the original. Not the first time Gibson proves he’s hiring low qualified people for the web side.

Markv77

Reaction score
They're back on the site. I looked this morning.

Nice! In that case, this thread is in need of some pics. Here’s my LP Standard 60’s:

C9182E9E-6876-4AB0-86D7-8A2F7A4BE366.jpeg

1B499FC7-2E9A-4AA3-A772-7F91FBAA6529.jpeg

Last edited:

519tbarr

Reaction score
Maybe we have jumped the gun - but Gibson did amalgamate the 50's Les Paul Standard under one listing as opposed to the goldtop listing & the two sunburst listings.
We all have to be patient and wait until NAMM unless any leaks come out prior to that.

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
It could just be the web guys working on the site without having to shut the whole site down.. updates and so on.. also.. I’m sure 2020s should be around before too long. Usually this time of year they're promoting next years model.. just like companies do with automobiles..

Markv77

Reaction score
It could just be the web guys working on the site without having to shut the whole site down.. updates and so on.. also.. I’m sure 2020s should be around before too long. Usually this time of year they're promoting next years model.. just like companies do with automobiles..

I think Gibson said they were doing away with annual model refreshes, at least on the original line.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just because they are dropping the model years does not mean they are dropping current models, and it also does not mean that they WON'T continue to drop current models and introduce new models.
Fender has done this for decades. The production year and country is pretty clearly coded in the serial number, but they don't assign a year to a model.
The new Ultra is a 2020 model and has replaced the Elite, and the American Performer is a 2019 model that replaced the American Special (which in turn replaced the Highway One).. but there will be no published discernment between individual years of a model. A 2019 American Performer will likely be identical to a 2021, just as a 2018 American Special was identical to a 2014.

They will certainly drop the 50s and 60s "Original Series" if sales do not support continued production.

Oh ya... and Original Series 60s pr0n....

Babypic.jpg

Lester_Case.jpg

LP_Top.jpg

Ripgut

Reaction score
Just because they are dropping the model years does not mean they are dropping current models, and it also does not mean that they WON'T continue to drop current models and introduce new models.
Fender has done this for decades. The production year and country is pretty clearly coded in the serial number, but they don't assign a year to a model.
The new Ultra is a 2020 model and has replaced the Elite, and the American Performer is a 2019 model that replaced the American Special (which in turn replaced the Highway One).. but there will be no published discernment between individual years of a model. A 2019 American Performer will likely be identical to a 2021, just as a 2018 American Special was identical to a 2014.

They will certainly drop the 50s and 60s "Original Series" if sales do not support continued production.

Oh ya... and Original Series 60s pr0n....

View attachment 425954
View attachment 425952
View attachment 425953
Nice '60s!!

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
Could easily be the web guy, instead copying/pasting a product to edit in a new one, he overridden the original. Not the first time Gibson proves he’s hiring low qualified people for the web side.
They should hire me for web stuff. I'd love to do marketing for one of the big guitar companies.

Latest Threads