don't go to work sick!

sk8rat

Reaction score
some asshole at my work came in with strep throat and now I'm pretty sure I have it too. I spent the last two days in bed dying, throwing up, waking up drenched in sweat but also freezing. luckily the fever is gone for the most part but now I have a really sore throat and cant eat anything.

about to head to the urgent care and see what the verdict is.
Image result for i am straight up not

Attachments

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
On the bright side you're here with us on MLP!

I hope you get better quickly!
:thumb:

DotStudio

Reaction score
Yeah, I just quarantined myself Monday and Tuesday. First sick days I've taken in 12 years. If you want to be a tough guy and work through the sickness, VPN exists for a reason.

Reactions: ehb

redcoats1976

Reaction score
had it when i was in the army in the field.miserable.i lay there in full outside (winter) gear,zipped up in my artic sleeping bag and shook so hard the cot vibrated.after 2 days they sent me back on base to the medics,where i got the "silver bullet".that got rid of it pretty fast.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I wish! Seems for many, when a kid is sick, there should be no reason they should stay home from school. Then, they walk in and sneeze all over the place. Right now, there's a bug going around this community, every surface in the building seems coated in bugs. I'm glad I got it first week and am near 100%.

sk8rat

Reaction score
came back positive for mono :shock:. I work nights so the only people i see are at work. one of those idiots had to have given it to me somehow.

the nurse and doctor were both cute. the nurse was flirting with me asking about my car but I was too sick to flirt back. she took my blood and I almost fainted :laugh2:. the room was so cold (for me since i'm still getting cold sweats) that i threw up while i was there.

I was trying to wait it out because my insurance doesn't kick in until the second of next month but I only spent $200 which I guess isn't bad. my prescription was only $10 too.

sk8rat

Reaction score
had it when i was in the army in the field.miserable.i lay there in full outside (winter) gear,zipped up in my artic sleeping bag and shook so hard the cot vibrated.after 2 days they sent me back on base to the medics,where i got the "silver bullet".that got rid of it pretty fast.
I was just thinking about that too. when I was a kid I went to a military academy and got pneumonia while I was there. they made me power through it.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can see that. However, I rarely took off. If I did, it was death in family related or surgery related....once an allergic reaction to something not tested for, and almost literally checked out in the doc's office. Riding a gurney with orderlies running like hell beside it was a weird trip.....

I was lucky in that I didn't have the flu, common cold, or pneu growing up, just allergies, until after retiring from the college system. When I retired I had 1yr 9m sick & personal leave added to my incarceration time at retirement.... Helped my retirement check a bit.. ;)

Some folks would attend classes sick as hell (you could not miss much without getting a gone-ass chit).

I kept a couple of big jugs of hand sanitizer in the room and told folks to use it entering or leaving if they had not washed hands. Had cans of Lysol to spray tables with too before/after classes... Not anal about it but strongly suggested that they follow my suggestions unless they wanted to be in bed sucking NyQuil for a few days which meant 'same bat time, same bat channel' next semester in my classes....

I had donated some blocks of my sick leave (sometimes a week or two) to certain folks in the state that were up against the wall due to catastrophic type issues and such, on my own initiative and anonymously. Some would put a request into the system for time and I would see that A. it wasn't catastrophic B. They had not a damn minute of sick leave and had worked in the system for ten - twenty or more years. C. They had a very minor issue. Hell to the nawt. They would take sick leave if they saw someone cough on tv. Hell no. As my dad said many times "You painted your damn wagon that color. Now YOU have to pull it."

If you are truly sick stay home. If no, have your ass at work....but sick and contagious, stay the hell home.... See the doc, get a butt shot, take your meds, and stay the hell home. You just might have sick leave to cover it if you didn't piss it away going to ball games, deer hunting, hangovers, or golfing.... If you don't have sick leave where you are, being prompt and always there to help for the common cause usually goes a long way when YOU need some help from the common cause.

Just is.

Pete M

Reaction score
I'm all for people at work coming in and giving me a bad case of the sniffles. Bring it on.

The best advice I can ever give anyone is always avoid any food at daycare or kids parties. You're almost guaranteed to pick up some weird disease that'll have you spewing out of both ends for days.

Mockbel

Reaction score
Wish you rapid recovery...
My kids catch a new disease every couple of weeks because of ignorant parents sending their kids to school while they are sick !

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Wish you rapid recovery...
My kids catch a new disease every couple of weeks because of ignorant parents sending their kids to school while they are sick !
Some kids also don’t always think, especially when they’ve sick. I’ve been sneezed on relentlessly over the years. They wipe their nose with their hands then touch door handles, tech equipment, etc. It’s a fuckin Petrie dish.

Last edited:

Latest Threads