Don't F##k with Cats

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
i only got to 20 seconds in....looks like some kid was going to torture a kitten? I can't watch that/

Seven

Reaction score
My wife and I watched it. Dude is a psycho, and so is his mother.....

Death Incarnate

V.I.P. Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Great documentary, but they attempt to blur through the most massive detail of all.

Those two internet "sleuths" didn't discover or investigate a breakthrough of anything at all. In episode 2, someone (undoubtably, Magnotta himself) gives the guy an anonymous tip online, saying the man you're looking for is Luke Magnotta, and then they go from there. The killer himself wanted fame, and purposely led them to him. They didn't ever discover anything. After I finished the miniseries, I went back to confirm that was the order of details.

And it is true, once they had the info, the cops ignored their pleas to stop this guy. But I just thought they portrayed the internet "armchair detectives" as a bit too amazing Sherlock Holmes types.

irocdave12

Reaction score
i only got to 20 seconds in....looks like some kid was going to torture a kitten? I can't watch that/
Yes the whole saga was very un-Canadian of him. Usually some of the nicest people around but not that sicko. Funny part was only person more wacked out was the kids mother .....gotta catch that Manny guy lol

Howard2k

Premium Member
Reaction score
Great documentary, but they attempt to blur through the most massive detail of all.

Those two internet "sleuths" didn't discover or investigate a breakthrough of anything at all. In episode 2, someone (undoubtably, Magnotta himself) gives the guy an anonymous tip online, saying the man you're looking for is Luke Magnotta, and then they go from there. The killer himself wanted fame, and purposely led them to him. They didn't ever discover anything. After I finished the miniseries, I went back to confirm that was the order of details.

And it is true, once they had the info, the cops ignored their pleas to stop this guy. But I just thought they portrayed the internet "armchair detectives" as a bit too amazing Sherlock Holmes types.

Not disputing anything you wrote, I agree with all the facts you presented, but I think the issue that the main lady herself raised right in the final breaths of the show was bang on. Masked so I don't spoil it, though it's not much of a spoiler.

I don't doubt it was Luka himself who was feeding them information, but were they also feeding into his own pursuit of fame? I.e., did Luka and the sleuths actually both feed into each other, a vicious circle where their pursuit generated fame for him (and provided validation); and his leaks to the group, if true (and I believe it), fed into their pursuit for truth, justice, and the American way. It's possible they both used each other.

Only one side committed the horrible murder and animal abuse of course.

Howard2k

Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes the whole saga was very un-Canadian of him. Usually some of the nicest people around but not that sicko. Funny part was only person more wacked out was the kids mother .....gotta catch that Manny guy lol

He wasn't Canadian, he emigrated to Quebec.

mtgguitar

Reaction score
there are felines not to be crossed.
When I was stationed in England, a USMC Sergeant went to pet a feral cat in a field behind his house and the cute, affectionate little killing machine tore his arm up. The cat grabbed his hand with front paws and teeth while using his back claws to tear up the inside of his wrist and arm.

Torn blood vessels and muscles were successfully treated but the nerve damage diminished the use of his (dominant) hand and he was sent back to the USA, he couldn't fire his weapon.

Gilmour's Knob

Reaction score
I thought, going by the title, that this was some sort comedy show or... Boy was I wrong. I'm only one episode in.
ahhhhh

YES!!!

I watched this yesterday. I thought it was going to be retarded. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Will be watching Episode 2 on the commute home today.

don71

Reaction score
With a title like that, it (the story) drives home the theory that serious sick people kill animals before they graduate to humans. In doesn't have much to do with killing cats, that was just a signal to sicker behavior.

I did like the way they portrayed average people in a grass roots kinda of way, helped put a serial killer where IT belonged

Who

I'm back. Back in the New York groove.
Reaction score
.....average people in a grass roots kinda of way, helped put a serial killer where IT belonged
No. As Death Incarnate mentioned above.... those people did nothing to uncover or catch the bad guy.

They were sideline voyeurs with a view to a kill. THEY were who he killed for. They weren’t complicit, but they were his audience.

cjpeck

Reaction score
No. As Death Incarnate mentioned above.... those people did nothing to uncover or catch the bad guy.

They were sideline voyeurs with a view to a kill. THEY were who he killed for. They weren’t complicit, but they were his audience.
That they were merely voyeurs is certainly true...
Also true: those 'internet sleuths' really think they did something benefiting the world.
Also true: those 'internet sleuths' were really just internet trolls albeit trolling a real piece of shit.

Reactions: Who

Guy Named Sue

Reaction score
I'm still messed up about that kid in first episode who pretended to be the cat killer and got the internet mob after, he committed suicide. Did he do anything else except trolling and pretending to be the guy they were looking for?

We just finished the second episode, watching that police chief break down.. Geezez