Don Cherry fired from Hockey Night In Canada

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
He said nothing wrong, nothing offensive, nothing racist or divisive.
Just total bullshit from the left for saying what needed to be said and keeping it real. And FUCK YOU Ron McLean for throwing him under the bus when at the time you were nodding your head and agreeing with him...even saying "love ya for that". Coward.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Can someone put this in perspective for me? Is he basically saying Toronto is being taken over by foreigners who don't take pride in the country in which they now live? Is this like the US equivalent of "illegals" he's speaking of? I honestly don't pay any attention to Canada, and I'm not saying that to be a dick, I just don't. Just trying to get the context.
He wasn't aiming it only at immigrants. But at all people. In fact the way I saw it he was also pissed that people who were born and raised here and should know better have largely abandoned the tradition. I was out tonight curling with Mrs. G, and in the whole club I only saw ONE person wearing a poppy. You know we have a simple slogan here for Remembrance Day "Lest We Forget"

Howard2k

Premium Member
Reaction score
He wasn't aiming it only at immigrants. But at all people. In fact the way I saw it he was also pissed that people who were born and raised here and should know better have largely abandoned the tradition. I was out tonight curling with Mrs. G, and in the whole club I only saw ONE person wearing a poppy. You know we have a simple slogan here for Remembrance Day "Lest We Forget"
it seemed to me that it was clearly targeted at immigrants. I could be wrong, but that’s the impression I got.

"You people that come here, you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey, at least you can pay a couple of bucks for poppies or something like that," said Cherry during Saturday's Hockey Night in Canada broadcast.

"These guys paid for your way of life that you enjoy in Canada."

Tone deaf

Reaction score
I was out in the USA, last night, at a remembrance ceremony and everyone was wearing poppies.

Ghostman

Reaction score
Yes, because only when one dawns a Poppy can they really remember the past. It's like a magic pill.
edit: Oh I get it now. So you smoke the poppy and you see the past as you trip?

Malikon

죽을래
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I somehow feel like @Howard2k was trying to tell us something. Maybe there's more to this story than just some virtue-signalling blather from an old man.

He was, there was a carefully coded message hidden in his (unusual for him) long post.

At first the length of his post got my attention because usually he doesn't speak so much, but then I noticed random letters were bolded in his message.

...or were they random after all?

I got out my secret decoder ring and paper journal and started laboriously taking note of the bolded letters to ascertain the secret message Howard was trying to share with the world.

after 15 minutes of grueling labor I finally figured it out..

EpsTeiN diDn'T KiLL hiMselF

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I agree with ya, big guy! It's not the same day of remembrance it used to be. I don't know if that's because the big wars are fading from view. Where I live, there were many vets and cadets out selling poppies.

On the other hand, the town where I work had near no poppy sales. Even at our school (where we host a ceremony, every year) for the first time, we weren't sent a box of poppies for students to buy.

I think in hindsight, someone should have been in touch with the local legion (at least), but I suppose we were all just ready to have a box delivered. A few of us on staff vowed that at a minimum, we can at least make sure our students can contribute and be thoughtful at future ceremonies.

However, DC was aiming squarely at new Canadians.

Last edited:

scott1970

Reaction score
Who is this Don Cherry who arouses men’s passions like a thick legged woman???

Soccer getting more and more popular down South, so it’s just a matter of time before I become more familiar with him.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
Who is this Don Cherry who arouses men’s passions like a thick legged woman???

Soccer getting more and more popular down South, so it’s just a matter of time before I become more familiar with him.
With young people, it seems that basketball and soccer are taking over.

andreww

Reaction score
When are people going to get it through their fucking thick skulls that making observations about groups of people is no necessarily racist. What Cherry said is easily verified, just go out and observe who's wearing poppies. Go to the ceremonies and check the make up of those that attend. I will guarantee 100% that Cherry is right. But I get that doesn't matter does it, the mere fact that he made the observation is enough to end his career. This is oh so similar to people trying to point out that a certain race of people are to blame for the majority of the gun violence in the city right now. We can all clearly see the race of the victims, and we can all see the descriptions of those that are wanted, yet to make any kind of observation about this will get you in deep trouble as you will be simply labeled a racist.

Freedom of speech is dead in this country. The minorities have taken over the country, not by war, but by immigration. Lifelong Canadians are now the minorities and we no longer call the shots. The politicians can't do anything but fall in line and tell the people how dispicable any criticism of any minority is. We are all great people! You all make us stronger!, Even the gang kids, you guys are the best! I'm glad I'm on my way out lol.