Don Cherry fired from Hockey Night In Canada

James R

Reaction score
I never thought I'd see the day.
For decades he's been paid to be an offensive editorial commentator, it's his schtick, but I guess he went too far this time.
The shame is that this will be what he's remembered for, rather than all the philanthropic work he's done with kids and hockey.
It is what it is though, even at 85 years old, you have to change with the times.

Last edited:

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
Fucking pussies.

Can't even go to a Timmies anymore without getting your order cocked up three ways from Sunday by some fucking kid who can't speak English.

This fine country is falling to pieces, and a national icon was fired for acknowledging it.

What does "buy a poppy" mean?
In commonwealth countries it is customary to wear a cloth poppy pin in the two weeks before Remembrance Day to commemorate soldiers who have died in war. The poppies are sold by Veteran's Associations, so buying a poppy is a way to support the vets.

James R

Reaction score
Is that like when ALFAC figured out they hired the most offensive comedian as their spokes-duck?

That guy is far from the most offensive Canadian, he's just the most annoying.

Edit:
Ok, I just listened to a minute or two of that video, he's pretty offensive.

JWinAK

Reaction score
Regardless of what he said this time, it's long overdue for this loudmouth jackass. But, on the upside, now he'll have more free time to sit in his rocking chair, shake his hockey stick and yell at those foreigners to get off his rink.

Stevie 202

Reaction score
I wasn't aware till this happened that "cancel culture" had infiltrated Canada too. The man should not have been fired. He didn't really say anything inflammatory or insulting. More PC bullshit.

We’re such a buncha PC weinies up here it hurts FFS..we’re more like Sweden or the UK than you guys.

Why do you think Jordan Peterson started fighting back?

Last edited: