Doh.Just the Speaker Wire.

rogue3

Reaction score
I am an idiot.my bad. few days conjuring up all kinds of maladies on a nice 45 year old Sansui pre/power amp, one(Rt) channel failed... maybe the blue tooth transmitters/receivers for that channel have failed?...that takes out my theatre sound.beast.80 watts aside...switch issues?, ...crap.

the answer:the speaker wire on speaker A(bose,rt) had detached itself from its contact(screw post).back on,good to go.fvck.

DavGrape

e pluribus concord
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh jeeze; I'm fixing stuff all the time, then realize the power strip has a switch on it.

mgenet

Earth = Cheese Burger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, been there and done that...

The maxim, "Is it plugged in?" should be di rigeur for all who wish to fix
something or offer advice.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yep, always look for the stupidest, most obvious thing first.
One time I built a new pedal board. Soldered everything myself, checking continuity as I went. Put it all together and no sound. WTF!? Started working backwards from the output of the board....from the last pedal, checking the signal path at every juncture as I worked my way back. Checked every cord and connection. Could not find a problem. Until I got to the very first pedal in the chain....a tc polytune tuner. It was on....active. Which meant it was muting the signal. D'oh!
Or genders. Sheesh!
Hey wanna have a laugh? Build an AC extension cord with male plugs on both ends. Yep....I found one of those the hard way one time.
But regarding gender dysphoria and the entire spectrum of non binary genders.....I have only to remember what my dear ol' grandpappy used to say....
"If I had a slice of bread for every gender there was, I could make a sandwich!"

Southwest

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain OP.

Ever worked your way through an entire silent rig to discover the headphones are plugged into the amp, muting the output?

Yep - I feel your pain.

Latest Threads