Dog Attack

cwness

Reaction score
Kind of on the same subject. I live in the country, the near by neighbors have dogs. The oldest boy who was about 4 at the time was biten by the neighbor's lab 2 years ago. We know this neighbor very well and are very social with them. I was told this weekend that the same dog attacked another young child to the point they had to take them to the hospital for treatment. They live about a half mile down the road and the dog has never been near our house....BUT......there could be that time. I've ridden the horses by the dog and it's barked but I know my horse would kick it to next year if it came near it....I've seen it happen.

So I'm wondering what actions I may need here soon?

I have Labs and will be the first to say the dog needs to be put down. Here
if a dog bites the cops come out and it's dispatched. Dogs that bite will keep
biting. Around here people are more concerned about other people and won't
put up with dangerous dogs of any breed. Labs are known to be biters and
as many good labs as there are there will be biters.

Have you talked to the neighbor about your concerns. Your concerns are
warranted. Know if you have kids you have to be on the look out for the
dog if the kids are outside and that's something you shouldn't have to deal
with. How I dealt with the problem would be weight by the response of the
neighbor. Now here's one thing you don't want to do. Don't tell the neighbor what plans you have. Don't say a thing other then you'll call the
cops if the dog shows up. Threats of killing the dog will do no good and
if the dog ends up hit by a car or killed some other way guess who's the
number one suspect and you'll have a pissed neighbor. If steps do have to
be taken still say nothing just do it and never speak of it too anyone.

Good luck. It's not a fun situation.

CW

purevilpleasure

Reaction score
He has stated that if we come over to call first so the dog can be locked up. The dog has an invisible fence and collar but that doesn't do any thing for me when the power goes out for hours at a time. And it does around here. While the gf was over there the other day the dog took down their turkey but didn't kill it and she was kind of WTF. I'm always aware of animals around the house. The other neighbor has coon hounds and Whippets that have come up to the house.

cwness

Reaction score
He has stated that if we come over to call first so the dog can be locked up. The dog has an invisible fence and collar but that doesn't do any thing for me when the power goes out for hours at a time. And it does around here. While the gf was over there the other day the dog took down their turkey but didn't kill it and she was kind of WTF. I'm always aware of animals around the house. The other neighbor has coon hounds and Whippets that have come up to the house.

Wow have to call so the dog can be kenneled. Unbelievable is all I can say.
Your right to worry about the fence. If the collar is not positioned correctly
the dog could get through. Just remember be nice it will be hard but I had a
friend that threaten to shoot the neighbors dog and every time it went missing or just took off for some fun the neighbor would come over wanting to know what he did with their dog.

CW

Latest Threads