Does this tail piece look right for a 93 60's reissue?

cherrick

Reaction score
First time I've seen those stamps in the cavity. You learn something every day I guess.
I thought that as well. Interesting. No need ever to wonder what model Lester it is. Just take out both pickups and look in the cavities.

jbash

Reaction score
I thought that as well. Interesting. No need ever to wonder what model Lester it is. Just take out both pickups and look in the cavities.

I've seen them before too. But only on these models, for some reason. A brief thing they did? IDK.

ErictheRed

Reaction score
Used guitar prices are inanely high right now, but even so there's no way that I'd pay more than $1,500 for that, absolutely max if I just loved the guitar. Before COVID-19 and the used gear price hike, this would be a $1,000-1,300 guitar IMO.

If you're after your first Les Paul, I would get one with more standard features and hardware. Try finding a nice used Standard from the 90s or early 2000s. If you wanted to save some money, there are great Les Paul Studios out there.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Classic's came with the pickguard in the case.
Not installed.
Came with 496R and 500T (hot) Ceramic pickups, double black.
Classic Plus had "better tops", usually narrow flamed but Gibson used some guilts on limited runs
for many models.
I guess some came with gold hardware but it was usually chrome hardware.

They are great guitars, made "the right way" (one piece mahogany back, two piece maple tops).
Slim taper neck profile.
Price is in the pocket of the beholder...

If the look excites you, fine.
If not, find another Classic that suits you better.
:thumb:

bum

Reaction score
I'm really not worried about the tailpiece. I have two LPs with Faber's and I'm a big fan so I'd put one on this guitar as well. I was more concerned about it being an indicator of it not being as described.
I wouldn't worry about it not being as described but I would for sure ask if he knows why it was put on, was there issues with intonation or tuning on the guitar, if so what etc
To my mind I'd only put a stop piece on with the features of a TP-6 to fix an issue, unless I just liked the way they looked

Phylodog

Reaction score
The owner says it's original to the guitar and he bought it new. I'm a far cry from being knowledgeable enough to question him on it. I think I'm going to pass on it however. I just picked up two other LPs.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
The owner says it's original to the guitar and he bought it new. I'm a far cry from being knowledgeable enough to question him on it. I think I'm going to pass on it however. I just picked up two other LPs.
Pics or didn't happen!

:laugh2:

Pics!
We're Les Paul junkies, remember?

Latest Threads