Does This Look/Sound Plausible To You??

Shinji13

Reaction score
Not looking to buy another Les Paul anytime soon, but stumbled upon this recently.
Its for sale on a site here in the UK for £550 ($865 approx.) - I must add the seller is NOT selling this as a genuine Gibson, but as a custom made replica.
It was bought from its original owner who had it custom built 3 years ago at 'New Yorkers Custom Shop Guitars', at a cost of $2,340.
I Googled the above shop and found nothing except an old post from a Strat forum, where a member was thinking of buying a replica Gibson 335 from E-Bay - a guitar, too built at the very same shop, and being sold by the same person selling the Marc Bolan Les Paul - Coincidence?
Would a custom Luthier be willing to build a guitar such as this and put Gibsons name on the headstock? And even used, surely a one off replica would fetch more than £550?

Attachments

• Bolan1.jpg
    Bolan1.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 40
  • Bolan2.jpg
    Bolan2.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 40
  • Bolan4.jpg
    Bolan4.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 44

HRC

Reaction score
I'm sure a reputable builder wouldn't us a Metric bridge on a "replica"

Shinji13

Reaction score
Don't worry, as soon as I saw the price I knew something was rotten. Unfortunately, it seems someone bought the 335 off E-Bay last year for £500 - a 335 fitted with Kent Armstrong pickups(!!).
I think the ad for the Les Paul is still current though.

Latest Threads