Does this look real? Craigslist material

scalibur

Reaction score
If any one can tell if this is real or fake, please let me know. I'm interested in a 335. Its hard to tell from the pics, but I don't see the fret nibs and the headstock looks a bit strange. Please let me know your thoughts and here is a link GIBSON 335 SUNBURST

River

Reaction score
Everything about it looks strange. Because the camera has so severely distorted everything, and the photos are otherwise so shitty anyway, that if anyone would "call it" based on them, I wouldn't trust their judgement.

I don't see anything wrong with it, but I can't really see shit.

It's CL, not eBay or Amazon. Go take your own pictures.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
Everything about it looks strange. Because the camera has so severely distorted everything, and the photos are otherwise so shitty anyway, that if anyone would "call it" based on them, I wouldn't trust their judgement.

I don't see anything wrong with it, but I can't really see shit.

It's CL, not eBay or Amazon. Go take your own pictures.
I can tell just by the logo alone, that it's real. It looks to be an early-mid '80s model.

Of all of the things the fakers have "fixed", they still haven't tried to fake the (IMHO) ugly ass '70s-'80s logo (closed "b" and "o").

Zakmichael

Reaction score
Serial number would say it was a 1980 model. It's in good shape. Look up other 335s from 1980 and compare.

acstorfer

Reaction score
For some reason it annoys the hell out of me when people don't list a price on Craigslist. If the person wants offers then put it on eBay.

the bull

Reaction score
Looks like a older Gibson to me. See the wings glued on the sides in the pic of back of the headstock? Look at the old style "s" in Gibson. Looks real to me.

MiniB

Reaction score
If the first number in the serial is an 8, it's a 1980 ES-335.

If it's a 9, then it's a 1990 ES-335.

Looks more to be the latter with the more 'traditional' (pre-Norlin) shape and burst color. I guess they still had Nashville bridges on them in 1990. I believe '81 is when they first changed to 'reissues' (3-piece necks at first), whereas in '80 they were still goofy-looking Norlins with block inlays, wide headstock, and I think a volute.

Also, up through the mid-80's at least, the sunburst colors were quite a bit lighter on the outer shades, like this '85...

1.JPG

The one in the CL ad seems more a traditional dark hue, so I think they changed by the end of the decade.
00e0e_gn3DUrIMD66_600x450.jpg

I had a blonde '89 that had the same appointments as this one stock, so again, I'm assuming it to be a 1990.

2manyGuitars

Reaction score
It's a 1990.
I also hate not posting a price and I especially hate guys selling higher end guitars that can't be bothered to use a real camera.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
The way this guy writes: a phone number, i.e.: 559 EIGHT4ONE 5FOUR0ZERO, he must be quite a cookie. Go to his place with a club just in case...
Actually, bring a witness!

Guitar looks fine, unless the guy has a bigger head than his body and the distortion is real in his world. Then don't buy the distorted guitar.

Latest Threads