Does this Les Paul look fake to you? (pics)

filiphslim

Reaction score
I just realised.

If I was involved in making fakes I would come here and post pictures of them. Find out where I was going wrong and sort it.

Eventually I would know how to make them in such a manner that they looked right.

Very true. Fortunately, I'm not one of them!;)

GuitarGuy503

Reaction score
I just realised.

If I was involved in making fakes I would come here and post pictures of them. Find out where I was going wrong and sort it.

Eventually I would know how to make them in such a manner that they looked right.

What a stupid thing to say. Way to encourage the situation.... :rolleyes:

filiphslim

Reaction score
You may want to consider taking the guitar another tech to be sure the guy got the job done right. :hmm:

You're right, but I think I'll wait a while after all. Even though that guy was a stupid fool, my guitar now feels amazing.

But I'll think about it. Maybe it'll feel even MORE amazing if a guy who's got his brain right, did the job for me! :laugh2:

Slimpsy

Reaction score
The EXACT thing happen to me after I got my LP and took it to an old timer to setup for me. The funny part is I knew it was 100% legit. . and he's like "The O in the gibson isn't connected. . and the electronics are stamped Gibson. . . this is completely a fake buddy, you got ripped off."

I told him to look at the Gibson website and to read up on the changes made over the years. So he's still stuck in the old days of Gibson. That's understandable.

JPaul

Reaction score
What a stupid thing to say. Way to encourage the situation.... :rolleyes:

Why, if they are already here reading my post they have worked it out and know this is a source of information and are almost certainly using it. They don't need to post their own pics, just read the threads and see where fakers are going wrong and stop making those mistakes.

If they then make one they think is good they can post it here and you chaps will let them know whether they have done a good or a bad job. Eventually they will get it right and you will confirm it is a true LP (by looks).

Way to help the people who are selling frauds, what a stupid thing to do. :applause:

BurstAddict

Reaction score
It looks exactly like my Lightburst Traditional with that pickguard off, and no yours is definitely no fake, not even close :thumb:

IMG_0142.jpg

-=[Shifty]=-

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Why, if they are already here reading my post they have worked it out and know this is a source of information and are almost certainly using it. They don't need to post their own pics, just read the threads and see where fakers are going wrong and stop making those mistakes.

If they then make one they think is good they can post it here and you chaps will let them know whether they have done a good or a bad job. Eventually they will get it right and you will confirm it is a true LP (by looks).

Way to help the people who are selling frauds, what a stupid thing to do. :applause:

There are certain details of the 'originals' that those fakers will never get right simply because it's too expensive.
And what do you think they would need our posts for? It's the easiest thing on earth to buy a genuine 'Gibson' and copy it to the exact detail. So, if those wankers can't even manage that, do you really think our posts here would make the difference?

Latest Threads