Does this Les Paul look fake to you? (pics)

filiphslim

Reaction score
Does this Les Paul look fake to you?

The reason I'm asking is that when I took it in to a local music store for some service, he said that he believed that it was fake for some reason. Something with the headstock and the body. Can't really point it out if that's the case.

Since you're the experts, was that guy behind the desk just talking gibberish or can you spot anything suspicious?

This is, well, at least I bought it as, a 2002 Standard, Light Burst

Please, tell me what you guys think!:shock:

Kopiaav017.jpg

006jpg.jpg

Kopiaav009.jpg

Kopiaav016.jpg

davemccarthy707

Reaction score
I am no expert. However that guitar looks legitimate to me. However I am no expert. A shot of the back of the headstock would be nice too.

scozz

Reaction score
Looks real to me. If that's a fake then there's a problem.

jason_mazzy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
who said it was fake? I personally think it looks real.

filiphslim

Reaction score
who said it was fake?

The guy at a music store nearby, fixing my guitar. Intonation and all that kind of stuff. Don't think I'll rely on him any longer though, since he's obviously useless.

But thank you very much for your answer!

qwank

Reaction score
it has nibs. it must be real :D

GuitarGuy503

Reaction score
it has nibs. it must be real :D

+1. I've never seen a fake that had binding nibs. To original poster: I'd suggest a new tech. If he feeds you bs about your genuine Gibson being a fake who knows what other bs he will feed you. The guy seems pretty clueless to what he is talking about which would make me wonder if he was even knowledgable enough to properly service people's guitars.

filiphslim

Reaction score
-=[Shifty]=-;846823 said:
Also called fret edge binding.

And I'm sorry but you should really look for a new tech. That guitar is legit. :D

Yes, thank you! Hehe, I know, but that was the first and last time I let that guy put his dirty hand on my little girl.:lol:

GuitarGuy503

Reaction score
Yes, thank you! Hehe, I know, but that was the first and last time I let that guy put his dirty hand on my little girl.:lol:

You may want to consider taking the guitar to another tech to be sure the guy got the job done right. :hmm:

JPaul

Reaction score
I just realised.

If I was involved in making fakes I would come here and post pictures of them. Find out where I was going wrong and sort it.

Eventually I would know how to make them in such a manner that they looked right.

Latest Threads