Does It Matter What Day Of The Week Your Gibson Les Paul Was Made On?

Tim Plains

Reaction score
wow stretching a bit on this one
It's car logic, nobody wants a Monday or Friday car, and it's an idea that has been around for a long time.

It could be partially true. Same with when they have large orders to fill and can't meet the deadline.

mudface

Non-Deadbeat/Non-Prominent
Double Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even the binding takes time to set after wrapping it up like a mummy,.... then spraying the color,.... then spraying the clear,..... even the the body blanks take time to set when the cap is glued.

What part of the process do you want to start?

When they get the wood in the drying kiln?

Or when the saw out the body blanks or neck blanks?

Or when the fretboard is attached to the neck?

It all takes time to set,....

Thrill

Reaction score
Doesnt matter. Like most said already, it takes longer than a day, and the stamps are put on just the neck, and the other stuff.

But even if they were made in just a day, do people really suck at their job two fifths of the time? Are you a shitty employee who does subpar work because its Monday or Friday? Its not like the employees get to just go home when theyve done a certain number of guitars. Theyre hourly workers punching the clock in a factory/warehouse. Their job is the same weather its 10am on a Monday or 3pm on a Friday. They go home at the end of the shift weather that guitar is done or not, and then the next crew comes in and takes over.

If it really made a real difference, it would be a bigger deal in everything. Nobody would want anything made on a Monday or a Friday. You wouldnt get on an airplane unless you knew what day of the week it was made, you wouldnt fire a gun unless it was a Wednesday gun, you wouldnt turn on your lights if you knew your house was wired on a Friday afternoon.

Its just one of those things people say they heard it somewhere once and it sounds kind of plausible.

anorton

Reaction score
I think I've got 2 Wednesday guitars.

Ever heard this?

That depending what day of the week your guitar was built, the better it'll be?
Monday you don't want because Gibson factory workers are still hung over from the weekend, Friday guitars you don't want because everyone's eager in a rush to get the job done for the weekend, but Wednesday guitars, the pick of the crop right, everyone's in their stride, they're not thinking about the weekend, it's the middle of the week, they're in the zone on a Wednesday.

My Gibsons are fucking amazing, and, I've played on my fair share of high end Gibson Les Pauls right, enough to know that, some guitars I like, some guitars I love; and every Gibson I've gone home with, has been love at first play.
I think I've got 2 Wednesday guitars. lol

Is this real or as I suspect, some old wife's tale when the stars align and everything comes together right and Gibson knock them out of the park on Wednesday.
Well, like Rome, an LP isn’t built in a day. For what it’s worth, I get where you’re coming from, and I like the idea that I must have two Wednesday LPs too. Play them in good health.

Macronaut

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
The only time I can see it would possibly matter, would be QC final inspection. The state of mind of the inspector could be affected by any of the reasons mentioned in earlier posts, which could be influenced by what day it is among other factors.
Was the final inspector in a *uc* it mood or did he actually care about the condition of the guitar before he approved it for shipping? This just may be the one place that a "single" person could "pass" what many had a hand in making...good or bad and determined by their state of mind at the time.

DylanLP

Reaction score
It was during the week when Air Force One by Harrison Ford was released... damn right it matters

Last edited:

somebodyelseuk

Reaction score
See, this is where buying from a real shop instead of an intenet warehouse pays off.
You try the guitar. If it's crap, you put it back.

ARandall

Reaction score
This is kind of silly. No... It's really silly.
Yep. Seems to be more than a few confused people in this thread. I would be betting on months between raw wood blanks and finished product. No woodworker in their right mind would cut something like a neck blank and not let it sit for 4 weeks at least to settle. Plus guitars are made in batches.

Reaction score
The serial on my SG points to late 2012 (13542xxxx) but the pickup stickers say 1/3/2013. How cool is that? My guitar spent two years in the factory. :lol:

My Les Paul Classifieds