Does anyone on here make or know where to get a Joan Jett Pickguard?

TateTheGreat

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a '64 Melody Maker that I need a pickguard for. It's just a body, that i'm building up to give to a friend who deserves a good guitar, without busting my pockets. I need a Joan Jett style pickguard that will cover the neck route and the middle of the body. Single ply black. I want to put a P90 in it, it's routed for a HB though so I might have to go with a P90 humbucker size. Mine is the pelham blue, the cherry one is the pickguard style I need. I can't make one, i'd butcher the thing haha. I'd appreciate any insight. Thanks.
PB.jpg
JJt.jpg

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
You can make a pickguard from an old 33rpm LP!
A few guys here have done that.

Google search MM PG templates, maybe?

Last edited:

jkes01

Reaction score
Or order some pickguard sheet stock from amazon. It is really not all that difficult. If you can’t locate a template, you can scale up that image and print out some test sheets. Measure some holes on your guitar and use them as reference when scaling.

If you don’t have a scroll saw or a band saw, you can cut it with a coping saw. File/scrape/sand the edges the edges smooth. Use a picec of paper to mark the screw and pickup holes. Would be lots of fun. :thumb: