Does anyone here have Samsung Galaxy Earbuds?

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
I was curious if the left and right buds would physically fit work in one ear. Only my right ear is functional. It would be nice to use the left bud in my right ear at times.

Any other comments about them will be helpful. I'm getting a set tomorrow.

1575592532401.png

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
I have them, and using them in the wrong ear doesn't fit well at all.
Thank you - is what I thought. I'm going to contact Samsung and see if they would swap a left for a right.

How do you like?

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
I'm in a chat window with Samsung support. Seems I've tripped them up with my question:

I will be receiving Galaxy Earbuds tomorrow. I am completely deaf in my left ear. Would you be willing to send me a second right side bud in exchange for the left one that I have no use for?

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
I was curious if the left and right buds would physically fit work in one ear. Only my right ear is functional. It would be nice to use the left bud in my right ear at times.

Any other comments about them will be helpful. I'm getting a set tomorrow.

View attachment 424837
How fortunate....
Buy an extra charger and I'll split a pair with you, I only need the left one ;) j/k

Seriously though, I've considered some of the higher end amplified hearing protection for shooting, woodworking, etc... but I'm not willing to spend $600-$1200-$2400 for a pair when I only need one.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
How fortunate....
Buy an extra charger and I'll split a pair with you, I only need the left one ;) j/k

Seriously though, I've considered some of the higher end amplified hearing protection for shooting, woodworking, etc... but I'm not willing to spend $600-$1200-$2400 for a pair when I only need one.
You are also a one ear? Or have we had this discussion?

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
You are also a one ear? Or have we had this discussion?
Ya... I don't think we've talked about it before unless we unknowingly know each other from somewhere other than here and StratTalk.
Woke up one morning when I was 12 and I had nothing in my right ear.
Balance is still there... hot/cold and ear infections still cause vertigo, but no sound it transmitted.
Parents took me to the House Otologic group in LA... they called it sudden deafness syndrome, not uncommon (1:10,000), no treatment.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Ya... I don't think we've talked about it before unless we unknowingly know each other from somewhere other than here and StratTalk.
Woke up one morning when I was 12 and I had nothing in my right ear.
Balance is still there... hot/cold and ear infections still cause vertigo, but no sound it transmitted.
Parents took me to the House Otologic group in LA... they called it sudden deafness syndrome, not uncommon (1:10,000), no treatment.
Oh that is horrible - having it taken from you at the peak of hearing. :sadwave:

I never had hearing in the left. Lots of tinnitus in the right though. That started in 1997.

CB91710

Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh that is horrible - having it taken from you at the peak of hearing. :sadwave:

I never had hearing in the left. Lots of tinnitus in the right though. That started in 1997.
It has it's advantages.
I can sleep under just about any conditions within reason... just roll my left ear into the pillow and the Tejano music from the bar behind my condo goes away.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
It has it's advantages.
I can sleep under just about any conditions within reason... just roll my left ear into the pillow and the Tejano music from the bar behind my condo goes away.
Agreed! Is good to drown out sounds easily.

My ex was unnaturally afraid of someone breaking in and her getting slashed to death. She'd note I've never hear them. :laugh2:

She really had a fear of getting slashed or cut up. I suggested we make Pink Floyd's One of These Days our wedding song - I had to translate of course. She was not amused - I was! :rofl:

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
I have them, and using them in the wrong ear doesn't fit well at all.
I just unboxed them. Without getting a precise fit with the flexy silicone bits, the left seems to work quite well in the right ear.

I was not aware there was an app component to utilize all of the features. Of course it is Android only.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
This thing is pretty damn good, app or not. Sound quality is quite good. Not that I'm a good judge of that. I am not.

Bigfoot410

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd have gladly bought them for you. Unless they were white. Don't want to look like an Apple fanboi.
I asked the wife as they were hers. She said she gave them to the middle grandkid 6 months ago. I'm sorry. I woulda just gave 'em to ya If I had them.... I don't know anything that goes on around here.