Does anyone else love the ugly ducklings?

BornToLooze

Reaction score
I was kinda inspired by the thread about the Junior with a Floyd and an EMG and how upset people were over it.

Does anyone else feel like those guitars are worth the gamble? Like my newest Gibson

spirit.jpg

I mean it has a sticker covering up a single coil route, some plugged holes, some not plugged holes, a bridge pickup that might be on it's way out (sometimes it sounds great, sometimes it thins out enough to make a Tele sound muddy) and worn out enough frets to give a new definition to fretless wonder, and it's one of those guitars that's good enough that it deserved to be played into the ground like it has been.

DADDEO

Reaction score
No point in being all shiny and pretty if it plays like a dog. Something made you buy it if you think it's ugly.

sibyrpunk

Reaction score
Looks like a well loved guitar played with a heavy hand. I like it by the way.

MSB

Banned
Reaction score
definitely something to be said about a well loved guitar, enjoy

Brazilnut

Reaction score
I love my beat-up hogtop Classic Antique with the divots in the frets and snake tracks all over the back. The bridge Bare Knuckle sounds so dark and gnarly....

brianbzed

Reaction score
I was kinda inspired by the thread about the Junior with a Floyd and an EMG and how upset people were over it.

Does anyone else feel like those guitars are worth the gamble? Like my newest Gibson

View attachment 530641

I mean it has a sticker covering up a single coil route, some plugged holes, some not plugged holes, a bridge pickup that might be on it's way out (sometimes it sounds great, sometimes it thins out enough to make a Tele sound muddy) and worn out enough frets to give a new definition to fretless wonder, and it's one of those guitars that's good enough that it deserved to be played into the ground like it has been.
If she plays well and sounds good, who cares if she's ugly?

boola1

Reaction score
If the frets are worn down to nothing, you're probably not buying a bad sounding guitar.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My current number 1 is more goofy than ugly...and it’s awesomely goofy
so many options and whacky switches

2012 re-issue recording....
ive tried to find gold rings to fit it for 3 years and convert all nickel to gold...

then watch out

2837C6C8-3EE1-4CC8-A83A-A21B16DA9C9D.jpeg

Latest Threads