Do You Remember...

Kashmir

Reaction score
You people are freaking old.

I read the same "old days" things in emails and on facebook at least 5 times a day. It's not only an age thing, it's memory loss that it's made the rounds a thousand times over.

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Muscle cars

Model cars

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• ratfink.jpg
    ratfink.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 59
  • lil_Coffin.jpg
    lil_Coffin.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 54
  • kustom_amp.jpg
    kustom_amp.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 74

Markie A

Reaction score
Wanted one of these sooooo bad. Never did own one though..........

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Our milk was delivered to a box on the stoop by a "Milk Man," who drove around in a cool little delivery truck.

You poured the cream off the top of the container (which was a glass bottle you left in the box when empty).

The bakery was Freihofer's Bakery and used horse drawn delivery wagons. We used to give the horse a carrot or a sugar cube (this was the fifties).

Freihofer's - Hoxsie!

Just five or so years later, we had the Helm's Bakery truck. Dude with a bow tie and a 5 point hat got out of a chevy panel truck and opened the back doors, all these doughnuts on lacquered wooden racks, still warm. Yeah, good times.

We had the milkman in the milk truck. There was also a little metal door on the side of the house where dude would collect old bottles and replace with the morning's delivery. When we moved, no door, so it was left on the porch, as you described, in a wire basket.

You would pull into a service station and get exactly that; Service. Your tires would ring the bell, kid would come out with that piss-cutter hat, spray that "stuff" on the windshield, wipe 'er down, ask if you want under the hood checked, etc..

Remember the smell of that window stuff? I betcha you can still smell it, Sonar.. I can. I'll never forget it.

dennis g

Reaction score
I have to laugh. I've been following (and have posted in) this thread and one thing keeps coming back to my mind. As much as we look back at the "old days" do you realize that all of the things we're bitching about are what our kids and grandkids will be thinking about as "the good old days" 20 or 40 years from now? Ironic, to me anyway.

Torren61

Reaction score
I have to laugh. I've been following (and have posted in) this thread and one thing keeps coming back to my mind. As much as we look back at the "old days" do you realize that all of the things we're bitching about are what our kids and grandkids will be thinking about as "the good old days" 20 or 40 years from now? Ironic, to me anyway.

Exactly right.

pinefd

V.I.P. Member
Gold Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I had one of these as a kid, and it was by far, my favorite toy:

refTGJohnny7MIBSmall.jpg

I brought it into school for show and tell once. Remember when you could actually "get away" with doing that, and not have it result in a lockdown at your school, and get expelled and/or thrown in jail? (or worse...get shot a dozen or so times by a trigger happy police officer)

Frank

Cozmik Cowboy

Reaction score
Mattel Shootin' Shell guns; suede gunbelt with holster & scabbard for the plastic Bowie knife, plastic Winchester '73, and metal Colt SSA - the guns had brass spring-loaded casing that held plastic bullets & there were round self-stick caps. Actually shot the damn bullet out the barrell. Man, did I light up when I saw that under the tree!!!
("And you do not shoot them at your brothers!" Yeah, RIIGGHT......)

And the Sears catalogue had pipes, shotguns, motorcycles, and guitars. And girls in their undies :wow:

Gregzy

Reaction score
Mattel Shootin' Shell guns; suede gunbelt with holster & scabbard for the plastic Bowie knife, plastic Winchester '73, and metal Colt SSA - the guns had brass spring-loaded casing that held plastic bullets & there were round self-stick caps. Actually shot the damn bullet out the barrell. Man, did I light up when I saw that under the tree!!!
("And you do not shoot them at your brothers!" Yeah, RIIGGHT......)

And the Sears catalogue had pipes, shotguns, motorcycles, and guitars. And girls in their undies :wow:

Mattel Fanner 50s (mine came with a tooled cowhide holster c. 1959) and Greenie Stick'em Caps! and Secret Sams...

Torren61

Reaction score
What about those candy cigarettes that tasted like Rolaids?

Cozmik Cowboy

Reaction score
Mattel Fanner 50s (mine came with a tooled cowhide holster c. 1959) and Greenie Stick'em Caps! and Secret Sams...

My big brother's Fanner 50, probabably c. '63-'65, had a black "tooled" plastic holster. And no projectiles! Mine was badder. :dude:

GitFiddle

Reaction score
I had one of these as a kid, and it was by far, my favorite toy:

refTGJohnny7MIBSmall.jpg

I brought it into school for show and tell once. Remember when you could actually "get away" with doing that, and not have it result in a lockdown at your school, and get expelled and/or thrown in jail? (or worse...get shot a dozen or so times by a trigger happy police officer)

Frank

I had the James Bond 007 attache case.
jbcase.jpg

When I was touring on the road, with a band in the early 80s, our keyboard player loved to take towels from the hotels. He even carried an extra suitcase that contained nothing but hotel towels. I always wondered what he did with all of them. :lol:

Markie A

Reaction score
Those candy cigs were awesome, even if they did taste like chalks. I reckon even chalk tastes good if you put enough sugar on it. And yees, we did pretend we were smoking.

Remember the "Pop Guns" that you cocked & they shot air out the end? Even moore cool after you figured out you could jam them down into the mud & shoot a big wad of mud all over your friends!

Latest Threads