Do you remember when CEO of big companies thanked you for buying their products?

rabidhamster

Reaction score
I remember Jim Marshall sending a letter (signed) after buying my first 'Marshall' amp, a Park G10 solid-state amp in the mid 90s.
Made me a Marshall aficionado for life. Anyone shares a similar experience?

View attachment 530114

View attachment 530113
Hmm I wonder if that’s an auto pen or a secretary signature. I’d be surprised if he had time to sit and sign but either way it’s a really nice touch.

TXOldRedRocker

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's cool. I'm not an autograph guy, but I'd like to have his. It's be cool, even after his death, if Marshall put a sticker or used a machine to put his signature inside the chassis of all the UK built Marshall's. Maybe both Kens' and Dudley too. All the originals, that'd be extra cool.

It's not the same as a signature, but I always appreciate Chuck's email thanking me, and saying if you've had a problem, here's people you can contact, including me.

sw.jpg

fry

Reaction score
In the early 90s, about 1993, I think, I happened into a music store not too far from where I now live. They were having a big event regarding Marshall amplifiers, and Bruce Kulick from Kiss was there with some other people. They had a stage set up, and played some live music, and it was really cool. I got to meet Bruce and get his autograph, he was just great. I am quite certain that Jim Marshall was present at the event, but it might be my imagination. If he was, I didn’t know what a big deal it was at the time, and will forever kick myself for not going out of my way to meet him. I did get to meet Les Paul years later, so I’ll always have that. :thumb:

geddy

Reaction score
I'm sure I've still got my hand signed letter from when I bought my JCM800 in around 84. Really impressed the teenage me. Also impressed me the first time I took my amp to the factory for a service (while I watied, no less)....felt like I was being treated the same as some huge band. Note: I am easlily impressed :-D

redking

Reaction score
That was definitely his secretary signing those letters considering all the product they sell. Regardless, it's a nice gesture and was intended to show appreciation, so I'm ok with that.

5F6-A

Reaction score
Hmm I wonder if that’s an auto pen or a secretary signature. I’d be surprised if he had time to sit and sign but either way it’s a really nice touch.
That was definitely his secretary signing those letters considering all the product they sell. Regardless, it's a nice gesture and was intended to show appreciation, so I'm ok with that.
Looking at the signature I received and the one below, one can determine that Mr Marshall did sign the letter. Funnily enough, it never happened again with any of my other Marshalls, only when I bought the cheapest amp Marshall was making. Kind of "getting them young" sort of thing.

Last edited:

redking

Reaction score
Looking at the signature I received and the one below, one can determine that Mr Marshall did sign the letter. Funnily enough, it never happened again with any of my other Marshalls, only when I bought the cheapest amp Marshall was making. Kind of "getting them young" sort of thing.

what is the comparison - an autograph from a trade show? regardless, you can actually get in touch personally with someone like John Suhr or Dave Friedman via email or even on the phone and have a conversation with them and they actually know something about guitar amps, unlike Mr. Marshall.

ARandall

Reaction score
^ Well, Jim's dead, so thats not saying much really.

Looking at the signature I received and the one below, one can determine that Mr Marshall did sign the letter.
They usually have a 'signature stamp'. Or a printed sheet with it on as it is here.

And of course its his signature, it was used to make the template of both of the possible options.

And you can tell its a pre-done thing as the black ink of the printed name in the letter is 'above' the supposed ink signature.

Latest Threads