Do you live in a small town?

DotStudio

Reaction score
not true, at least where im from. its a very welcoming community.

where i live the traffic is so scarce on the back roads that you rarely pass someone, but when you do if you wave they wave back.
Same here.

In my old town, which is even smaller than the one I live in now, there was a "rough" biker bar. Even those guys were super welcoming. Maybe because my friend and I were ballsy (or stupid) enough to walk in there wearing ties after work. :laugh2: We got a lot of sideways looks, but soon became regulars :cheers2:

Bytor1958

Reaction score
Someone needs to write a song about that.

14K where I am.

hudpucker

Reaction score
Moved out of a small town at 18 and it was damned tough to wait that long. I found this song to be both sardonic and, sadly, too often apt.

quote-they-think-so-small-they-use-small-words-but-not-me-i-m-smarter-than-that-i-ve-worked-peter-gabriel-98-72-72.jpg

zigzag

Reaction score
I've lived in a lot of towns both large and small. Retired to a small town in 2012. We like it, mainly for the people, lack of traffic, and low cost of living, but as with all places, you take the bad with the good... it's a trade off. More than anything, we miss good restaurants. The thing about small towns is that it's harder to be anonymous, but you tend to hang out with friends more. If you're lucky, you can still be in a large town in 45 minutes to an hour.

In this town, I lived in the house that the brother of the man who shot and killed John Dillinger lived.

Last edited:

Latest Threads