Do you live in a small town?

KTM

Reaction score
I live on five acres out in a rural area about three miles from a town of around 2700. I grew up on a farm that was two miles from a town of 200. My mom still lives on the farm. The two towns are about seven miles apart so I didn't move very far. My commute to work is 33 miles (and in a different state) which kind of sucks but no way would I want to live anywhere near a big city.

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love it. Would not live anywhere else. Great place for my boy. No comute. Hunt and fish out the back doorstep. Rarely get told to quiet down. Bon fires in the yard.

Last edited:

C-Grin

Reaction score
We are about a mile and a half from a town of about 1500, I would not have it any other way.

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Reaction score
Live in a town of 14K.

I live walking distance (about 5 min max) to downtown (which is equal to one road with shops
on one side). Ice cream shop, a couple art gallery's, photo gallery, funky clothing stores,
an independent book store (gasp), post office, bunch of really good local restaurants
on that one downtown street (more down the boulevard), all within walking distance;

Chinese, Thai (2), Standard New England fare, upscale fare (small plates, small portions) and
a brewery that just opened up where the river and the estuary meet. Get to see egrets,

loon (sometimes), and heron on the estuary.

Within 5-10 minutes drive there are 3 pretty darn good Mexican restaurants, a Korean,
Italian (meh), tons of Pizza joints and the usual fast food crap along with the latest
pop/beer/fusion food eateries.

Technically we are considered a 'seacoast' town about 25 minutes drive from the beach
(which is fine with me esp in the summer).

Founders park is even closer to where I live; its where I smoke my cigars and watch the
squirrels play grab ass on weekends or after work. On land skunks and fox are the most visible.

Moved from a town of 150K (in 1980) in California. It generally was a good move to the New England
area.

matthew bear

Reaction score
What Pete said :laugh2:

I grew up down the road, in cashmere, wa. Just a few thousand there at the time... I lived a block from the chelan county fair and my dad ran the local feed store. Wenatchee is the big city around here, so I guess I’m a city boy now.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I live in a town called Niagara-on-the-Lake pop. about 17,000. Located at the mouth of the Niagara River where it empties into Lake Ontario, we're about 20 minutes downstream of the mighty Niagara Falls. The good ol' USA is right across the river.
We are known as one of the prettiest towns in Canada. And we get a whopping 3.5 million tourists visit each year. So what's really interesting is that even though we're a small town we've got cosmopolitan amenities. A half dozen 5 star hotels, amazing restaurants, spas, art galleries, theatres, parks, waterfront.....just a cultural cornucopia.
I love it here.

Zungle

Reaction score
small town life sounds cool. Though I keep hearing if you weren't born and grown there you're always an outsider, which is disappointing.

Nah....up here in Yelm/Rainier they'll take you right in.......

PeteK

Reaction score
What Pete said :laugh2:

I grew up down the road, in cashmere, wa. Just a few thousand there at the time... I lived a block from the chelan county fair and my dad ran the local feed store. Wenatchee is the big city around here, so I guess I’m a city boy now.
Well your big city is my small town. :thumb:

It drives my wife nuts that I refer to East Wenatchee as Wenatchee. I know it's two towns in two counties, but come on it's just one city really.

Mark V Guitars

バナナフライング...
Reaction score
I've always wanted to live in a small town, but preferably nestled in the mountains somewhere. Wind in the pine trees, warm summers and snowy winters. All just a dream of course.

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forgive me if I'm wrong there, Big.. But I think they got Dillinger coming out of a theater. You can go out now.
Phew! That's a relief. He shot the place up and disappeared. Scared the town folk. I'll let everybody know it's finally safe to come out. Been awhile :)

This is 30 seconds up the road.

vNKg1wn.jpg

Howard2k

Reaction score
I live in a town called Niagara-on-the-Lake pop. about 17,000. Located at the mouth of the Niagara River where it empties into Lake Ontario, we're about 20 minutes downstream of the mighty Niagara Falls. The good ol' USA is right across the river.
We are known as one of the prettiest towns in Canada. And we get a whopping 3.5 million tourists visit each year. So what's really interesting is that even though we're a small town we've got cosmopolitan amenities. A half dozen 5 star hotels, amazing restaurants, spas, art galleries, theatres, parks, waterfront.....just a cultural cornucopia.
I love it here.

Beautiful down there. I hope they don't let the urban spread get out of control.

Neffco

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Urban spread? Is that like a hummus or olive cake?

Colnago1

Reaction score
Love my small town of 18,000. Just big enough to have a hospital and other good amenities, too small to have mega shop type stores. Not everyone knows you, but most do. Kinda hippy/ski bum type place.

Latest Threads