Do you guy s Remember?

pwhite

Reaction score
There was an amp builder on here many years ago that built amps with a clean Fenderish channel as well as a dirty Marshall channel in a combo amp. Do you remember the amp name?

grumphh

Reaction score
...could have sworn it was Randall Smith...

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you found the Rude Mood. Randy built a hellova amp. Unfortunately, he's not currently active any longer. We're friends IRL and he's just concentrating on "Life" these days. Still a great guy.

pwhite

Reaction score
I was always blown away by that design. He always seemed like a good guy. Guess I'll keep an eye for a used one.

Deftone

Reaction score
River always had a pic of one in his sig.

River.JPG

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I owned #10 (I think the last one made). PM me if you want info.

ARandall

Reaction score
Phaez also did something like that.....I think he is still building, but maybe with more limited designs than he used to.

Splattle101

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
From memory it wasn't really two channels so much as two amps in single box. Just wretched excess and a really cool idea. :dude: :cool:

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to find more info, search "Randelli" as the user name. Randy Peterson. He was quite active in the Squawk Box. He gave away the plans, parts list, and instructions for building a 20 W 6V6 (or EL-34) amp design. I built 2 of them, one 6V6 and one EL-34. He was VERY encouraging to a bunch of us building his amp designs.

I was visiting him at his house while he was burn-in testing the Rude Mood amp that went to River. Besides ErictheRed, Mudfinger also had a Rude Mood, with a matching Deluxe sized external cab. It was cool because you could get "Fender" style cleans AND Marshall-ish Crunch at the same time, and with varying "blend" just through pick attack.

Latest Threads