Do you feel the need? The need for a Top Gun sequel?

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Reaction score
Tom Cruse sucks. I have never liked him or any movie he has been in.

giphy.gif

Bytor1958

Reaction score
I'll see this like I'll get a chance to see another RUSH concert. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

SpawnedX

Reaction score
Top Gun was my favorite movie for a long time as a kid. I do not feel the need for a sequel as I believe we all have in our heads a what happened after the credits story. I will go see it though and see how my self dreamed up continuation pans out with canon. I probably will like it, a lot. I hope they make it realistic, in that the US is truly lacking a superior dog fighter jet these days. You can say the F-22 is superior but unless it gets the stealth advantage, it is definitely not the best dog fighter option out there. I expect we will see a lot of the F-18 in the end.

I assume Pete Mitchell will be the new Viper and there will be another young hot shot that has to get put into his place by the "best of the best." I hope we don't see Kelly McGillis in it, she really has not uh...aged well. I doubt we will see Val Kilmer, he's not looking good at all as he continues to battle throat cancer. I really don't know what to expect to be honest...or who to expect.

edro

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he's gonna fly a 35, may be a short movie...

PeteK

Reaction score
I'm so excited I'm going to go put on some blue jeans so I can go play shirtless volleyball. Cause, you know that makes sense

SpawnedX

Reaction score
I expect it to be:

- Drones have taken over, but can't get the job done
- Older experienced pilots are pressed into action, because the young'uns are too dependent on the electronics.
- Geezer former Top Gun saves the day.
- {{side romantic plot that doesn't serve the movie at all, other than reason to get women to go see the movie}}

I really hope not, because the US still has some of the top fighter pilots to date.

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm so excited I'm going to go put on some blue jeans so I can go play shirtless volleyball. Cause, you know that makes sense

And of course, after that game we've got a nice, manly steam..

34745_top-gun-locker-room-paramount.jpg

Scooter2112

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whenever my wife wants to go out to eat somewhere, but can't decide where....eventually, I get around to

"Call the ball, Maverick!"

She gets it. But the kids, not so much. Just used it about a half an hour ago.

edro

Chief Discombobulator
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh my homey jeebus....no y'all are talking steam baths....

Nawt. Nawt. Nawt.... Thongs....no steam time.....

Nawt....

scott1970

Reaction score
I'm still waiting on the need to see the first one, and it ain't hit yet. :laugh2:

LtDave32

Let Desert Star be your next guitar!
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'd suggest we stuff Edro in a gym locker.. Let the steam and the after-shave waft through the louvers in the door.

..But I hear he's a pretty big fella.

Latest Threads