Do you feed your dog...

Uncle Vinnie

Proud Boomer
Premium Member
Reaction score
@Deftone, if the Screaming Eagles ever redesigned their shoulder patch, that there puppy of yours would be a shoe-in.

NRBQ

Reaction score
When I first got my Golden, I decided on Thanksgiving that it'd be a great thing to give her a Thanksgiving meal too. So I topped her dog food with some turkey and sich and how wonderful it was. Then we went to the park, and on the way home she started spinning around in the car, all dog owners know what this means. Well we were just a block from home, and I said "Hold on KIKO, we're almost there" well as you might imagine, one block away was one block too many. The droppings she left weren't actually droppings, more like liquid yuck. You simply can't imagine the carnage, I puked at least four or five times trying to clean that mess up. And FYI you can scrub till the cows come home and you're not getting rid of that smell. So the answer is "one time" and I learned my lesson. Dry food only, no gravy, no Thanksgiving meals. People food had no bearing on her happiness, but the lack of it in her diet sure did on mine.

Last edited:

Dolebludger

Reaction score
You have to know your dog, and the food it likes and can tolerate without GI problems. Long ago I had a nice dog who had GI problems with pork, but not all dogs do. The Pomeranian we have now has no such problem, but we avoid giving her people food that is very spicy, as it gives her GI problems. But this is not true of all dogs. And one should never give a dog chocolate, as it is deadly poison to many dogs. Also I am told dogs can’t digest breads — it just passes through and too much can cause constipation. Bot our Pom loves steak, burger, cheese, deli ham and turkey, and wieners. No problems. But this might not be true on all dogs.

tazzboy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My Dog eats Blue Buffalo Small Breed Chicken Dinner with Garden Vegetables Wet and dry

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Most “dog food” is pure garbage which is why more and more pets are suffering from chronic diseases just like humans who consume a modern Western diet.

My dogs eat meat and vegetables that I cook for them.
Yes. And the so called high class premium dog foods - the ones that advertise "no grain" are poison. That shit killed my little chihuauha through congestive heart failure..

Study: Grain-Free Diet for Dogs Leads to Canine Heart Disease​

University of California, Davis, veterinarians led a team that has found a link between some popular grain-free, legume-rich dog diets and a type of nutritional deficiency and canine heart disease known as taurine-deficient dilated cardiomyopathy. The study was recently published in the journal PLOS ONE.

Researchers found dogs eating some of these “boutique” diets are not making or maintaining enough taurine, an amino acid important for heart health. Taurine deficiency has been known for many years to lead to dilated cardiomyopathy, or DCM, a heart muscle disorder that can lead to congestive heart failure and death. ...

Pet foods containing peas, lentils, other legume seeds, or potatoes as main ingredients, are what’s being linked to DCM, which leads to reduced heart pumping function and increased heart size. The alterations in heart function and structure can result in severe consequences such as congestive heart failure or sudden cardiac death.​

FDA names 16 brands of dog food linked to canine heart disease​

The FDA is investigating more than 500 reports that appear to link dog foods that are marketed as "grain free" to canine dilated cardiomyopathy.

The brands are ordered by the number of cases linked to them, which ranged from a high of 67 to 10:[indemt]

• Acana
  • Zignature
  • Taste of the Wild
  • 4Health
  • Earthborn Holistic
  • Blue Buffalo
  • Nature’s Domain
  • Fromm
  • Merrick
  • California Natural
  • Natural Balance
  • Orijen
  • Nature’s Variety
  • NutriSource
  • Nutro
  • Rachael Ray Nutrish

Zungle

Reaction score
At her meal time's...am/pm my doggy eats chicken and occasionally a little burger.

I feed her little bits of people food during the day....mostly at luch.

That being said she wont eat just anything......

1. she wont eat food from strangers at all.....nothin'

2. for the most part she only likes meat.

3. she has a full bowl of Royal Canine Dry Dog food with her water dish...at all times. Oddly she'll hit that for a snack about 4 nights a week around 10pm.
Its the only dog food she'll eat.

A6511DCA-F944-40B0-A3FD-AD8BFE8E7924.jpeg

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
My dog gets a half cup of ground beef in his food every night.

electric head

Just passing thru
Reaction score
Wife's dog. Before we were married.

Dog doesn't listen, nor do things other dogs do.

Nor does it get along with others. Someone or some thing fucks around too close to the outer of the compound, she's on it like stink on shit. I pity the hapless desert wanderer what tries to "investigate" our grounds.

PERFECT shop-dog. I love her. She loves me. Wife loves her. She loves wife.

Everything else, breathing or not is "food". She's good with friends, as long as she sees it's all hunky-dory with us.

-Doesn't really like other females. Even humans. Hates our housekeeper, but will not make a move on Barbara.

She just sorta .. keeps a watchful eye and a low growl if Barb gets too close.

She raises the Devil himself if some typical, tweaky-fuck, all bearded and shabby comes out of the desert. Especially if they're riding one of them tweaky-bike rigs, all basket and carted up with crap.

Freaks the fuck out on them. Does not like "losers", "carboard -sign beggar types". Oh, hell no.

LTDAVE..You seriously need to get together with Roberteux because there is a book and possibly a movie sitting right in front of you.Add in a few of your neighbors antics and Jerry it gold I tell ya it gold..

Naturally I would only need 5% off the gross..profits I mean