Do you enjoy something more or less when you understand the complexity of it?

judson

Reaction score
funny..last nite talking to a friend about this.

he admits once he figures out something, he loses interest as in his mind the puzzle is solved and leaves most projects 80% complete but doesnt thrill him to finish it....thats why most of his shit sits undone..:laugh2:

i tend to do the same but once i know the end of the puzzle, i usually slack off a bit but then just finish it to chalk it off the list and get some satisfaction seeing it ......if it is a physical object or project. :dunno:

as far as guitars i have alot of them finished in my head, the parts to complete and i usually get to them at some point, but the difference i want to play them and hear them, fine tune my mistake if any...then they get alot of play until the next

another way to word the title of this ....Do you enjoy the Hunt or the Kill?.....the hunt is usually more fun! :h5:

Last edited:

Guy Named Sue

Reaction score
funny..last nite talking to a friend about this.

he admits once he figures out something, he loses interest as in his mind the puzzle is solved and leaves most projects 80% complete but doesnt thrill him to finish it....thats why most of his shit sits undone..:laugh2:

i tend to do the same but once i know the end of the puzzle, i usually slack off a bit but then just finish it to chalk it off the list
It's weird, most of the time I'm like that too. But sometimes you just get more excited than others because you know that what you are watching is really complex.

judson

Reaction score
It's weird, most of the time I'm like that too. But sometimes you just get more excited than others because you know that what you are watching is really complex.
i agree you do get a thrill when you "see the end" and more so if it sometimes will relate to other things you have thought about that you could not figure out , then the light bulb goes off as it may apply is well

one of my bad habits is over thinking things and not believing the obvious....which why i do because the obvious sometimes does not apply....or is not true...ok my brain hurts :slap:

PeteK

Reaction score
I started getting into woodworking a few years ago and now I think I have a much greater appreciation for even "simple" pieces of furniture like an end table. I never really thought or cared about how things were constructed before and I was as guilty as anyone of buying shitty particle board furniture and then being disappointed when it didn't hold up. Now I go through an antique store and it's like a whole other experience when I see a really well made piece and I just can't help but appreciate that some craftsman built that thing 100 years ago and it's still rock solid. Sure, styles come and go and change over time, but you can still make things out of actual real wood and use the same techniques that have been used for centuries. No one is going to be looking at anything made by IKEA or sold at Target 100 years from now. It makes me embarrassed for America that we settle for such cheap, shitty constructed furniture.

So that was my long way of saying I enjoy things more when I understand the complexity. :laugh2:

Guy Named Sue

Reaction score
i agree you do get a thrill when you "see the end" and more so if it sometimes will relate to other things you have thought about that you could not figure out , then the light bulb goes off as it may apply is well

one of my bad habits is over thinking things and not believing the obvious....which why i do because the obvious sometimes does not apply....or is not true...ok my brain hurts :slap:
Precisely, you gotta trust that gut feeling

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My entire career has been people giving me complex tasks, bullshit timelines, incorrect technical requirements, and providing scalable, manageable solutions. Oh, and under budget and on time. I enjoy using, and seeing those systems being used.

pnuggett

Reaction score
I don't know if it makes me enjoy things more but I can certainly appreciate some things more when I understand them.

sonar1

Reaction score
Radio fascinated me. Magic.
After tech school it didn’t fascinate me anymore.

That’s why I like guitar. The magic never ends no matter what you can do on it. There’s more magic in there.

Latest Threads