Do you clean/sanatize used pedals?

Do you sanatize your used pedals?

• Hell yeah. Fully disinfected.

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Might give it a wipe with a damp cloth.

Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Blow off the dust.

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Just pop it on the board and then eat a sammich. Germs shmerms.

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

Guitar Rod

Reaction score
I'm a bit of a germaphobe, but not overly so. But when it comes to feet, especially some other dude's feet, germaphobia increases exponentially. As soon as I get a used pedal home, if it's dirty, I wipe it with a damp cloth and then wipe that sucker down with Lysol wipes 2 or 3 times over. If it's clean, just the Lysol wipes. Then I put it on the board and wash my hands. Do you clean your used pedal purchases or just pop that puppy into your pedal lineup?

Guitaraxe

Reaction score
I disinfect to a certain extent.... nothing that will damage the pedal.. just a basic once / wipe over... while inspecting the pedal and what not...

Jewel the Sapphire

Reaction score
I bought my big muff used because there was some mod done inside or whatever and the wah pedal I kept from a trade is missing the backplate both werent too dirty, guess if I were to sell them id wipe it down first, ive noticed some dried dirt on the muff that falls from the tread of my boots and I'll kick it a bit to knock that off

st.bede

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Well now I have something new to worry about...

I would guess that most seriously dangerous bacteria and viruses would not last long enough to be effective. Also very few musicains spill dangerous chemicals on thier equipment. I would not lick a pedal but If my son did I would not call poison control.

A4effort13

Reaction score
Naaa not even a used talk box

...hopefully yall know that's a joke

Last edited:

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
I wipe 'my stuff' down from time to time. Where I live we get tons and tons of fine silt like dust.
It's a wipe and a dusting though,

not a sanitization.

I've only ever purchased one used pedal. I wiped it down.
If I had to CLEAN it I wouldn't have purchased it.

JesseXGibson

Reaction score
I don’t but too many pedals period but when I bought my crybaby (used) I just gaver a quick wipe with a damp cloth

Guitar Rod

Reaction score
I agree that I've never bought or would by a crusty pedal, but some of the BOSS style pedals with the rubber pad can accumulate dust/dirt a bit. Those get a damp wipe. All my pedals look brand spankin' new, then acquire my dust buildup. :yesway:

All my used guitars get a thorough cleaning/fret polish/fretboard clean and oil/new strings/setup. Then it feels like it's mine and I don't look back.

CaptainT

Reaction score
I lick it once on each side to strengthen my body.

Then I sell it again on ebay, because it has fullfilled it´s purpose:)

Jk...I wipe it once with a dry cloth to remove dust and afterwards with a damp cloth to clean it up. That´s it. But I do that with my existing pedals also, because they are like magnets to dust:)

Latest Threads