Do you answer political polls?

• Yes

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 55 83.3%

• Total voters

fry

Reaction score
I think they mostly do them on land lines, and I scrapped that a couple of years ago. I don’t really know anybody other than my mom who still has a landline, so the results of these things make me wonder.

northernguitarguy

SWeAT hOg
Reaction score
I don’t really know anybody other than my mom who still has a landline, so the results of these things make me wonder.
I know of no young people who have a landline. All the millennials I've worked with don't have them. We were contemplating getting rid of ours, but our service is the only one available to us and it comes from the phone company (Bell).

LtDave32

Desert Star Guitars
Super Mod
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
All politicians use heavy gauge strings.

Well, almost.

All politicians say they use heavy gauge strings for that fat, telephone cable tone when they're addressing the Stevie Ray crowd.

Then next day, when they are hobnobbing around the James Burton crowd, they say they use ultra light strings for that chickin' pickin' sound.

Because they're all whores who will tell you whatever you want to hear; fat tone or chickin' pickin'.

-But none of them can play a friggin' note. Which is exactly what they accuse their opponent of not being able to do.

TheX

Cool story, bro!
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got nuthin'.

NorlinBlackBeauty

Reaction score
Well, almost.

All politicians say they use heavy gauge strings for that fat, telephone cable tone when they're addressing the Stevie Ray crowd.

Then next day, when they are hobnobbing around the James Burton crowd, they say they use ultra light strings for that chickin' pickin' sound.

Because they're all whores who will tell you whatever you want to hear; fat tone or chickin' pickin'.

-But none of them can play a friggin' note. Which is exactly what they accuse their opponent of not being able to do.
They do represent some of the worst of who we are as a species.

Edited to make more sense.

Last edited:

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will never catch a politician lying...

.. as long as he/she keeps a closed mouth.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I will answer political polls tha come via mail, email, or phone IF they are not a lead up to a request for donations of money or time. I do donate to candidates I like directly.

cjpeck

Reaction score
Nope
They all smell like fishing expeditions to me. I don't want any pol to think I support them in any way. And I sure as hell don't want them contacting me for "donations" ever. Or sell my contact info as "likely donor".

TheWelder

Reaction score
I never answer numbers I don't recognize...hell, I barely answer the ones I do. So I can't say I've even fielded a political polling call. I'd probably answer truthfully if I did, though.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
I’ve had a bunch of phone calls from numbers I know are so-called polls but are really seeking donations. I answer with a brusk “hello” and nobody responds. I block the number, because I know it is a phone bank. I have made calls for candidates I supported, but we didn’t use a stinkin’ phone bank, and we asked only for their vote.

Latest Threads