Do people make custom bluray cases?

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Is that a thing? Can you commission someone to make custom bluray movie cases?

I guess it would take some photoshop skill and a good high DPI color printer.

With the new release of the Criterion Godzilla Showa collection it came in a huge oversized coffee table book. I'd rather have the disks in regular cases, and i see other people online grumbling they wish there was a way to get custom cases for the disks and separate them from the giant book they came in, so we can put the movies on the shelf with the other movies.

Got me wondering if that's a thing. Has anyone ever created custom movie cases for disks that look nice and have some nice looking artwork and such?

Could probably sell a bunch on ebay to other collectors who bought the collection like i did.

This is how the book comes with 8 disks (15 movies total)

PhotoPictureResizer_191104_214905560_crop_1080x785.jpg

It's huge, like 2' tall and 1.5' wide. Can't even fit it on a shelf

OldBenKenobi

Reaction score
Yes, it's very common.

You can buy empty Blu-Ray cases for cheap. As in, fifty cents.

For the artwork itself, you can commission an artist (more specifically, a graphic designer unless you want full custom artwork) and have it printed (Kinkos or Staples will do if you don't have a good printer).

Be aware that custom artwork is expensive, and in general people waaay underestimate the cost when budgeting out projects.

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Be aware that custom artwork is expensive, and in general people waaay underestimate the cost when budgeting out projects.

it can be very expensive . depending on the artist and what the customer wants

I'm just surprised to see a guy like Mal asking this question . I figure him for more of a DIY guy . he makes masks and paints amp faces . I know he can do this too

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah but feeling lazy and have other projects going on

artis_xe

Christopher
Reaction score
Could probably sell a bunch on ebay to other collectors who bought the collection like i did.

I guess I misread the OP

unless a person has an interest or " in " to that sort of audience . I don't see something like that being worth the time

KTM

Reaction score
Not custom artwork but I have ordered DVD and Blu-Ray jewel cases from this place before:

Shop4Tech

I'm sure other places are probably cheaper now, but years ago this was the only place I found that carried them.

EDIT: They have a sale on right now, here's a screen capture from an email I received from them today:

Capture-1.JPG