Do I Need A New JackPlate?

Barker

Reaction score
You're no longer a virgin. When it happens for the 3rd time, you know you're a player :)
This is the 5th or 6th one I've busted.... I guess that just makes me dumb (and clumsy).... :laugh2:!

Otto tune

Reaction score
Or to avoid a re occurrence you could use a right angled jack threaded through the strap.
That's what I do, but when I first got my L/P, I took it straight to the luthier for a checkup and new strings.
He plugged in his amp, then sat the guitar on the plug!
I was cringing, but didn't say anything. I think my jack is metal, but I feared his plug might pry the mechanicals out of alignment.

THDNUT

Reaction score
Just plug the hole and install an angled recessed jack plate on the face of the guitar ala Stratocaster. :thumb:

Barker

Reaction score
All better....

And the happy R8 with it's new jackplate...

For those of you who've seen the loads of photos I've posted of this guitar you'll likely notice that it's faded a good bit...

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I understand why you went with a nickel one, but it still seems like hanging fuzzy dice from the rearview mirror of a Bentley ;)

WornToTheWood

Trijicon User
Reaction score
uh oh. you put a right (correct) handed jack plate on a left handed R8. Your tone is no good now.

I replace all of the plastic ones with shiny new nickel ones before they "go out" with me no matter what... but that's the cork sniffer in me.

Nice guitar.

tdarian

Reaction score
I think the nickel bumper on your Bentley is going to be fine even though it does not have that "vintage pain in the ass touch".