I had a little oopsy with my R8..

Rango

Reaction score
How did that happen!? :wow:
Just asking so I can be sure I DON'T DO IT. :hmm:
:laugh2:

Barker

Reaction score
I've busted a few jackplates along the way, but none for awhile (until today). I was jamming a little this morning and I spun around kinda quickly and I hit the cable end right where it meets the jack on my music stand. The plate exploded.... :shock:.

What's annoying is after years of being a parts horder I've got rid of most of my extra parts, and don't have another jack laying around....

I just ordered a few different ones... :D.

Sct13

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
A nickel one.....

however the caveat to that is, should you rip the screws out you can hurt the wood. So there's your conundrum. A new nickel one or another plastic one??? :hmm:

Barker

Reaction score
A nickel one.....

however the caveat to that is, should you rip the screws out you can hurt the wood. So there's your conundrum. A new nickel one or another plastic one??? :hmm:

I have both on the way.... :D!

Ryan Givhan

Reaction score
i put a metal one on my R8. the one that came on mine was very thin and flemsy. not like most the plastic jack plates.

in2madness

Reaction score
Or to avoid a re occurrence you could use a right angled jack threaded through the strap. Essential equipment on a 335/SG and if you use a small right angled jack plug like a a George L it will even fit in your 50's Tele which larger right angle jacks won't.

Curlymaple

Reaction score
Been there done that x 3:shock:. I went for the old 70s nickel I had lying around :dude:

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You're no longer a virgin. When it happens for the 3rd time, you know you're a player :)

I haven't done that on any of my guitars, since I went wireless. Come to think of it, I haven't tripped over a cord, or pulled out a cord. Wow. Another benefit of wireless that I hadn't thought about, until I saw your pictures.

tdarian

Reaction score
I think on my Blacktop R7 the nickel plated plate looks good. It is way more practical. I'm sure it will outlast the one I had that ended up like yours!

jamman

Premium Member
Reaction score
OP ,
You'll lose your Vintage tone if you Don't use Plastic .:naughty:

Is this GUS ??? :hmm: , before he was selling Blue ????

:lol:

Frogfur

Reaction score
cool mojo.. always wondered what it looked like.