Dirty Deluxe Version 2.0

guitar-rocker

Reaction score
Hello all, As part of a forum build idea, the guys over at the GainJunkies forum discussed building a unique amp, that anyone on the forum could copy and build. After much discussion, I championed a build nicknamed the "Dirty Deluxe" which was a 2 channel amp.

The Deluxe (clean side) side was the Normal channel Hi/Lo version of a Fender non-reverb Blackface Deluxe. Matched to Fender specs as close as possible, except we went cathode bias.

The Dirty side was a Marshall TMB style non-cathode follower preamp linked to the same Fender spec 6V6 power section. It turned out pretty nice, if I may say, but since the thread is complete, I decided to go back to the drawing board and build a 2.0 version. By the way the Deluxe side has some fabulous tones. The link to the finished original thread is here:

Finished Dirty Deluxe

On to version 2.0. I decided to replace the Dirty side with a 5E3 version of preamp, up to the PI. I also went with a Fender clone (Mojotone) chassis for 2.0. I have the chassis drilled and knocked out for all the modifications, and have noticed the rear faceplate that came standard is a shorty. My current dilemma is now do I paint the chassis to make up for the short rear plate or just have my plate maker build one full length?

guitar-rocker

Reaction score
Am painting the exterior of the chassis. The replacement PT and Reverb Driver iron is here. Now off the rework the turretboard

Latest Threads