Dimarzio's defending their double cream

LeftyF2003

Reaction score
The only Dimarzio pickup I own has double blacks (1991 Fred bridge pickup). I never got why they were allowed to patent that. That's like getting a patent on all black tires...

CheopisIV

Copper Slinger
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
To DiMarzio: these pickups are not double cream, and your patent doesn't apply here. The bobbins match Pantone PQ-12-0104TCX which is specifically mentioned as acceptable in the letter you sent to our shop last summer. CreamTone greatly appreciates your understanding.
This is what Creamtone states on their website and they are American
Yes sir, that's one of the colors listed on that pic I linked. I think it was a mistake for them to let it slip, but more likely it's an attempt at a sign of acting in good faith.

LP1865

Reaction score
Yes sir, that's one of the colors listed on that pic I linked. I think it was a mistake for them to let it slip, but more likely it's an attempt at a sign of acting in good faith.
They should send it out to sellers across the US

Subterfuge

Reaction score
Some time ago, I was getting ready to try out a set of Dimarzio 36th Anniversarys. Around the same time, joining MLP, I heard about this story. He's free to make any business decision he wishes, but I always thought it was a bit of a dick move. Since that time I have purchased 2 or more sets of SDs, a set from Rewind, a set from Electric City and at least 3 sets from Sheptone. Hell, i even have a set of Brandonwound P90s. I will probably never purchase any Dimarzio pickups as long as he feels the need to restrict or penalize any other winder from making a pickup of a particular color.
I agree totally .. I would rather burn in Hell eternally than give that dick one penny .. ever

Latest Threads