DiMarzio Super Distortion???

gtrman59

Reaction score
Hi, I have an old DiMarzio Super distortion pickup, it has a black wire, a white wire and a bare wire....I know the bare wire is the ground. someone hooked the bare and the white wires together and had the black as the hot....is this correct or does the black and white go together? Thanks...

gtrman59

Reaction score
I have an old DiMarzio Super Distortion pickup. it has a black wire , a white wire and a bare wire. I know the bare wire is the ground. Someone hand the white wire with the ground and the black wire as the hot.Is this correct or does the white go with the black? Thanks...

cooljuk

Transducer Producer
Reaction score
I have an old DiMarzio Super Distortion pickup. it has a black wire , a white wire and a bare wire. I know the bare wire is the ground. Someone hand the white wire with the ground and the black wire as the hot.Is this correct or does the white go with the black? Thanks...
Sounds like you have a Dual Sound, and not a Super Distortion. A Dual Sound has a ground, a shield, and a center tap. That chart above won't do you any good. It doesn't apply to 70's DiMarzios with less than four leads.

flatrockmobile

Reaction score

BKS

Reaction score

BadPenguin

Reaction score
No, you have a Dual Sound. it's a ground wire, the bare one, and a white and a black. Now pay attention here it get's tricky. Either wire is hot, depending on the phase of the other pickup. It originally came with a 2 way on/on switch to switch phase. You know, that thin nasally sound from the 70's? So what to do? Simple: wire the white to hot, black to ground with the bare wire. Then play the guitar with both the neck and bridge pickup on. Sounds normal, you're done. Thin and basally sounding? Simply switch the black and white wire. Have fun!

Latest Threads