Digitech rp255 vs Boss me-25 vs Vox tonelab St

carissaiam

Reaction score
It's between these three.
I don't care about live use, just for playing through a solid state amp or direct recording.
Unless someone has better suggestions, I'll use 2 cords to run it through the front of a small solid state amp.

I know that the Vox is a modeler& doesn't have a looper, but what I need to know is:

1. Which has the best tone
2. Which is easier to use
3. Which is better for recording

I'm open to suggestions, thanks guys.

carissaiam

Reaction score
The Boss br80 looks good, but I'm a bedroom guitarist so I need to use it just goofing around and for recording also. Thanks anyways.

Neemo

Reaction score
i used to have the rp-255...it was kind of a pain in the butt to use imo, not hard to use i just found it hard to manipulate if not plugged into a computer

my freind has the me-70 its pretty cool, way easier to use than the rp-255 was imo ... i dunno how much the me-25 compares to it tho

carissaiam

Reaction score
Yeah, the Digitech looks harder to use than the others. I think all I need to know is which has the best tone. I'm leaning toward the Vox, but I'll probably get down to guitarcenter one of these day & A/B all of them.

cynic79

Reaction score
I haven't used the other pedals mentioned, but I've got a Digitech RP-255 that I use as a headphone amp. Some of the sounds are a bit over the top, but the Fender Deluxe and Marshal JMP models sound quite nice. In fact, the latter is my favorite sound in the unit. The delays sound really good, and the pitch shifting effects are a lot of fun. It is a bit difficult to use, but it sounds really good.

carissaiam

Reaction score
Ok, thanks guys. I thought I'd get a multieffects to record, but I found some deals on a small tube and chorus pedal. That's basically all I need, but this thread was very informative.