Different....

judson

Reaction score
tuning would be easy...finding a case prolly impossible

string change? does ernie ball make 11's for that ? :dunno:

im in...do they make a gold top or a burst?

all kidding aside...that thing would be a blast trying to play, no bs

Indigo Jones....lol

9 frets ? i could play it....

Last edited:

BKS

Reaction score
Gut strings on that one and tuning not that easy i guess. Try getting that one in your car.... Gigbag on your back going under a bridge . But i Love the sound coming from those

Barnaby

Reaction score
I was a theorbist for years. It's a lot of fun to play, but my case was steel and shaped like an enormous coffin. People on buses used to ask me what was in there.

"My mother," I said. "I take her everywhere with me."

Tuning was a nightmare. I played a lot with baroque orchestras and chamber groups, as well as performing occasionally as a soloist. The hardest thing was probably learning to play figured bass continuo. That's where you get a bass line and have to improvise four-part harmony on the spot in the appropriate style. OK with, say, Montiverdi, but no fun at all with Bach.

When I moved to Japan, I sold my much-loved and much-played theorbo. Now I've learned to build instruments, I'll probably make another one of these days.

Roxy13

Reaction score
A friend and I were discussing harps a few weeks ago. We both agree they have to be a pain to tune and change strings on.

S. Rock

Reaction score
a lute and a harp got together and had a baby. :facepalm:

stringbender11

Reaction score
Very pretty sounding instrument Surprising to me, I've never seen one of those before.

Barnaby

Reaction score
Case it is
I want to make a folding version. Much more convenient. I'd seen 'em in pictures, but this is the first time I've seen one unfolded and put to use in a video. That's great!

Reactions: BKS