Difference between Yellow Gloss & Yellow TV

Figo

Reaction score
Hey guys how are you?

I'm planning to buy a LP Junior but I would like to know the color difference between the Yellow Gloss & Yellow TV?

I'm looking for a bright yellow and not the light creamy one.

Thx!

Neil(UK)

Reaction score
Bright yellow?

You'll want the yellow gloss then.

Malchik

Reaction score
Gloss is a solid yellow finish. TV Yellow is a semi-transparent finish that details the limed mahogany body. Also, TV Yellow is a little green in tint, too.

truckermde

Reaction score
You know, they still call that TV Yellow, but there are several different versions of it...

Low Gain

Reaction score
You can find TV Yellow in gloss or faded finish, both TV Yellow.

Also you can find more "solid" or more "transparent" ones.

Regards.

ARandall

Reaction score
The proper TV yellow has a brown mahogany grainfill done over the initial white wash coat. It then has a yellow tinted clear over the top. So you can see both grain and grainfill in the finished guitar. If the colour you want is a solid yellow, then its not TV.

Cjsinla

Reaction score
The proper TV yellow has a brown mahogany grainfill done over the initial white wash coat. It then has a yellow tinted clear over the top. So you can see both grain and grainfill in the finished guitar. If the colour you want is a solid yellow, then its not TV.
Right, this is what "real" TV yellow looks like. Anything else is an imitation :naughty:

TheX

just some do0d
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it funny that people still like TV yellow (the original). Its whole purpose in life was to look white but not washed out on TV way back when. Real white didn't work well.

ARandall

Reaction score
Why should people liking any colour for what it is be any surprise at all? If red had been the best way to show black on screens back then would you have been surprised people liked red too?

Christosterone

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is just my opinion but the TV yellow, in person, looks like a homemade guitar… A lot of people really like that look… You know, the kind a warmouth style...
The "mustard" junior figo posted with the black p90s looks like a Les Paul Junior should look in my opinion… a 1970s icon!!!
Basically you would be playing the guitar equivalent of this car:

redcoats1976

Reaction score
This is just my opinion but the TV yellow, in person, looks like a homemade guitar… A lot of people really like that look… You know, the kind a warmouth style...
The "mustard" junior figo posted with the black p90s looks like a Les Paul Junior should look in my opinion… a 1970s icon!!!
Basically you would be playing the guitar equivalent of this car:

the problem with this is what?

Latest Threads