Didn’t realize how much I missed the feeling..

SixAngryStrings

Señor Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of getting a new, sealed, CD in a jeweled case.. picked this up, and it’s picking ME up! Maaaaan, we wore this tape out in high school! Sneaking out at lunch, 6-7 of us, all packed into my friend Brian’s tiny little single cab Toyota.. 3 packed in the cab, and 4 of us laying like sardines in the bed.. on the freeway, cruising to Taco Bell, or Jack In the Box, or even sometimes all the way out to the truck stop so we could smoke cigarettes, watch movies and shoot the shit with the truckers in the truckers lounge haha! Man, I really think my generation was the last to experience rebellious and “cool” (aka: young and stupid)

It sure was a Hell of a lot of fun though:cool2:

AEC25B46-88DC-45F0-9C56-E65E32B8E189.jpeg

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hah, I still buy cd’s from local charity shops, normally go for 50p, once I have got past the des o’conner ones.

DavGrape

e pluribus concord
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dat's a good collection.

slug_maine

Reaction score
Good story. Never see carloads of young people together anymore. I still have CD's and vinyl. We used to have a used record shop in town but the guy closed up and just sells on line now, It was a cool old shop, I miss it.

dro

Reaction score
Will they ever bring back 8-Tracks? I can remember a few Highschool stories with 8-Tracks as well as 4 Tracks
( Craig 4+4 ) I think I have forgotten more than I remember though. Destroyed many brain cells back then.

I Break Things

Reaction score
CD cases? Where the plastic wrap is impossible to get open— but the plastic case ‘hinge’ breaks if you look at it?
I'm impatient, so I just cut the plastic. The scratch on the case didn't bother me because I knew it was going to break anyway! :rofl:

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
Good story. Never see carloads of young people together anymore. I still have CD's and vinyl. We used to have a used record shop in town but the guy closed up and just sells on line now, It was a cool old shop, I miss it.
lol I feel like maybe you’re just not paying attention enough to notice it.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it is cheaper to buy the actual CD from amazon than just the MP3 download. Most of the CDs come pre-RIP'ed anyways. So I have several CDs in jewel cases with the wrappers still on them, never opened. :laugh2:

rabidhamster

Reaction score
CD cases? Where the plastic wrap is impossible to get open— but the plastic case ‘hinge’ breaks if you look at it?
I'm impatient, so I just cut the plastic. The scratch on the case didn't bother me because I knew it was going to break anyway! :rofl:
Sorry you’re hearing this about 25+ years too late but the secret is:

Take the new cd without trying to open the plastic first, point the sticky Top label at the corner of a countertop with a hard corner, make a smooth rubbing swipe from end to end with it like you’re swiping a credit card or scraping shit off of something.

there you have it the plastic is cleanly opened, the sticker is peeled off the edges and you just need to grab the ends to peel the remainder of the sticker off the front of the case. It’ll be open in 20 seconds and no broken case unless you really hamfisted it

Last edited:

Latest Threads