Did you see the story about the family that claimed KFC asked them to leave?

PeteK

Reaction score
This just pisses me off. A girl who was mauled by pit bulls (her own grandfather's pit bulls) and has severe facial damage was supposedly asked to leave a KFC because her face was disturbing customers. I knew this story had to be bullshit as soon as I heard about it. Especially since when I heard about it, it was with a link to a "donate money" page. Well, it turns out the family made it up so they could make some money. Unfortunately, the poor little girl actually was mauled by pit bulls, but the KFC part of the story was a complete fabrication and the family collected $130,000 in donations to the Facebook page for the fake incident. The power of the internet. The story spread so fast and the donations racked up so quickly that by the time anyone realized it was bullshit, the donations were already made. It still sucks for the poor little girl, but her family are some real douchebags. :(

KFC Hoax: Thighs

Barcham

Elitist Club Member
Reaction score
And the KFC branch in question actually donated $30,000 which they have stated they do not wish to be returned. So even if it was a hoax, KFC should be commended for their actions.

PeteK

Reaction score
And the KFC branch in question actually donated $30,000 which they have stated they do not wish to be returned. So even if it was a hoax, KFC should be commended for their actions.
Yeah, it would be pretty bad if they retracted their donation. I think KFC handled the situation very well. It's just unfortunate for the little girl that her family is a pile of shite.

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
But but they're wonderful dogs I swear!

I am not surprised that it was a hoax. KFC would have looked bad if they asked for the money back.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
I'm a little confused here.
KFC got sucked in a scam and they would look bad if they asked for their money back?
I would prefer for them to get the money back and set up a trust fund for the girl, not let her criminal parents handle the money by themselves.
I will be surprised if the parents don't get arrested for their actions.

hrfdez

Reaction score
Ah, the United States of Entitlement! It is fantastic!:thumb:

michaelinokc

Reaction score
I'm okay with KFC not requesting the donation back - it was for the little girl.

But take grandma's wrinkled old ass to jail for fraud.

rockstar232007

Reaction score
I'm a little confused here.
KFC got sucked in a scam and they would look bad if they asked for their money back?
I would prefer for them to get the money back and set up a trust fund for the girl, not let her criminal parents handle the money by themselves.
I will be surprised if the parents don't get arrested for their actions.
They should be arrested.

They're no different than any other shitstack scammers. And, I'm sure they'll have their hands full of the public backlash for the foreseeable future.

MooCheng

Reaction score
its a pretty scumbag thing to do, cashing in on there own daughters missfortune

scoobyzjr

Banned
Reaction score
I was bitten by a fire ant this morning. It hurt so bad, that I had to pull out of the KFC drive-thru today at lunch and now I am hungry.

Please PM me on where to send any donations. :naughty:

electric head

Just passing thru
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was bitten by a fire ant this morning. It hurt so bad, that I had to pull out of the KFC drive-thru today at lunch and now I am hungry.

Please PM me on where to send any donations. :naughty:
you can send the money you would have spent in the drive thru right to me...:wave:

gibbykohner

Reaction score
take the child's custody off the parents hands and have the money used on the girls treatment since (i assume) returning the money would be a arduous process.

scammers

MineGoesTo11

Reaction score
The papers jumped all over it. It's one of those "outrage" stories that sells page views and drives comments, where the mob convicts based on mere vapours of fact. This is where reporting really fails, a whole story based on an allegation, with no real attempt to wait until anything can be verified.

Yes of course KFC can't do anything. it would be a PR suicide mission. In the long run, someone has to pay, and that someone will be you, the KFC customer.

I wonder if someone has ever studied the ultimate cost to the economy of these kinds of claims.

Barcham

Elitist Club Member
Reaction score
It was the grandmother who made the claim, not the parents.

SteveGangi

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It was the grandmother who made the claim, not the parents.
I agree with all those who say, put the money toward a trust fund and whatever medical treatments will benefit the child (and ONLY the child) directly, and put the old bat in prison for fraud.

Bluesky

Reaction score
Their food sux but they have heart. Good on them. I just hope this isn't an invite for other Aholes to pull the same stunt on other business. Someone should arrest this family but no business wants to be a victim next to a mauled little girl. Win/win for those dirtbags. I hope that girl grows up unbroken inside.

Latest Threads