Did i mess up my pickguard installation?

Rogueaverage616

Reaction score
8C7CBDAD-E2C6-4063-82CF-F4EF7E58F0AC.jpeg
I finally mounted the pickguard, on my 2016 Gibson les paul Standard, and as much as i measured the position of the holes to drill, the pickguard ended up, sitting with a gap,where the pickguard sits against the neck.

Rando375

Premium Member
Reaction score
Just widen the hole in the pickguard to give you some "play" to close the gap at the neck

Rogueaverage616

Reaction score
The hole in the pickguard is counter sunk.. so it will just go right back, i did do a bit of sanding on that area of the pickguard, to try and reduce the gap, around the pickguard..

Rogueaverage616

Reaction score
You mean the gap between the pickguard and the neck,..(gap)? And the pickguard and pickup ring gap?

LPaddicted

Reaction score
Simply put toothpick in the hole it will balance the gap a bit

Rogueaverage616

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the too with the pickguard on, and off, after the installation ,(drilling of holes.I found also that there is a white cloudy bubble around the screw hole, on the pickguard bracket screw hole? You wouldnt believe the care i used to drill these two holes, then install the screws.I even used a machinest center point drill bit to gently ream, or cut the laquer around the hole so that the pickguard screw would (Not) force its way by the laquer and cause this Bubble-Cloud ring...what not.Is that normal? Some pics

Attachments

Rando375

Premium Member
Reaction score
You could elongate the pickguard hole to where the the pressure from the screw holds it in place vs resting in the bevel.

But you may see part of the bevel by doing so.

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Here are some pics of the too with the pickguard on, and off, after the installation ,(drilling of holes.I found also that there is a white cloudy bubble around the screw hole, on the pickguard bracket screw hole? You wouldnt believe the care i used to drill these two holes, then install the screws.I even used a machinest center point drill bit to gently ream, or cut the laquer around the hole so that the pickguard screw would (Not) force its way by the laquer and cause this Bubble-Cloud ring...what not.Is that normal? Some pics
Looks good man! Just adjust the bottom bracket so the bridge pickup has the same spacing as the neck and then you’ll be golden!

Rogueaverage616

Reaction score
It doesnt really bother me too much,i love the way it looks with the pickguard.At least i made pilot holes and screwed it in...any way what about the white ish bubble around the screw hole for the metal pickguard bracket? I dont know how i lifted the paint or bubbled it with the care i took..its the 3rd photo down

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Thank you guys, and what about the bubble around the bracket screw hole? Is it normal? Should i do anything to prevent it spreading ?
My only guess is that the clear has sort of lifted and has given that bubble effect.

Frogfur

Reaction score
All ya can do is make it worse. Had he bought it that way or Peter Green' s was that way, it would be so cool that's what everybody would start doing too. If he's that picky he'll probably need some kind of counciling. Probably should have used the pickguard for the template.

gem12

Reaction score
Heck, just drill a few more holes until you get it right; you gonna cover it anyway.

Latest Threads