DGN Paragon Special OX4 $1100

mcgeorge

Reaction score
DGN Paragon Special with OX4 $1100 pp + $100 shipping (no trades)

Astounding high-end Custom Built guitar from an outstanding luthier in Connecticut. This is the over-the-top Les Paul Special you've been looking for!

5_zpsxlmxbtrx.jpg

Featherweight and incredibly resonant with spectacular woods, hardware and electronics. Weight is around 6.6 lbs.

One-piece waterfall-figured Spanish cedar body
One-piece Spanish cedar neck (0.92/1.0)
OX4 humbucker and P90 pickups
Mojotone low-friction pots, paper-in-oil capacitor
Kluson contemporary 19:1 die-cast locking tuners
Graph Tech ResoMax adjustable wraparound bridge

Per communication with the builder:
fretboard is most likely Brazilian rosewood
custom-ordered comfort cutaways on body
one of his favorite guitars (mine too: play it and you'll understand!)
The neck is very comfortable to play. The nitro finish smells exotic. The vibe is seismic.

Comes with an excellent brown Lifton-style hardshell case. Guitar and case are both very clean. There are a couple marks in the cedar body shown in the pics; the neck is smooth as silk and a vibrant joy to play. This guitar when ordered new runs over $2200 without the OX4 upgrade.

25_zpsus2fx84m.jpg

20_zpsdfk6hmme.jpg

20161221_162705_zpsem1cnvf7.jpg

20161221_163028_zpssauoxvnm.jpg

This is a mountain of tone for the money. The resonance may vibrate your fillings loose- but you won't mind. You'll be too busy smiling. :)

$1100PP + $100 shipping. No trades.

jason_mazzy

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I don't see any pictures. Did the COA card give you the specs? usually has the materials written down. Dan Neafsey is a member here.

mcgeorge

Reaction score
I don't see any pictures. Did the COA card give you the specs? usually has the materials written down. Dan Neafsey is a member here.

I think Photobucket is down... I was trying to figure out why my Shanks listing suddenly didn't show pics either. Unless there is a max number of pics per member- I just listed a number of things.

Dan is awesome and I wish I had a tiny fraction of his talent.... he and I have spoken via MLP several times when I was curious about details on this guitar. The nitro finish on this DGN smells incredible, so I can only imagine how the shop is.... :)

If the pics don't come back up, see my Reverb listing of this guitar (and ALL my Reverb listings!). https://reverb.com/item/3845636-dgn-paragon-special-with-ox4-hum-p90-brazilian

Only COA was some OX4 info.... that's why I turned to Dan for some background info.

mcgeorge

Reaction score

mcgeorge

Reaction score
Bump for great boutique guitar. Valentines Day is coming up... doesn't your Sweetie deserve a handcrafted spanish cedar expression of your love like this Very Special DGN? Yes... You know it's true.

45_zpsn83kd24a.jpg

mcgeorge

Reaction score
C da cedar? Beauty for sale- other stuff rolling in. Make me an offer!

Latest Threads