DGN Custom Guitars - "The Paragon"

DGNRepair

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
The Paragon is my first official model guitar. It is based off of my favorite guitar, the LP. It is completely handmade by me in my shop located in Fairfield CT. This guitar has singing sustain like I have never heard before and sounds amazing plugged it. It features a Graph Tech Piezo system. This is more or less the best sounding piezo for electric guitar on the market these days. This guitar plugged it sounds better than my D-18 plugged in. It also features a Stellartone Tone control. The guitar weighs in at 7lbs exactly.

Here are the details:

1 piece semi-hollow honduran mahogany body
1 piece hondurdan mahogany neck, with 2 small ears
Bookmatched Eastern PA maple top
Madagasar Rosewood Fingerboard
MOP Trap inlays
Celluloid Ivoroid Binding
Handmade bound tort. Pickguard
Kluson Tuners
TonePro's wraparound bridge
Handwound DGN PAF Humbuckers n7.2 b7.8
Graphtech Piezo System
Stellartone Tone control, 16 notched position tone control
CTS pots from Mojo
Switchcraft Switches and Jack
Mojo PIO caps

The guitar has a hybrid finish. I used shellac for the sealer and color coats and KTM-9 for the clear coat. It looks and feels just like nitro. The back covers are made from the same material as the pickguard, just darker.

IMAG0348.jpg

IMAG0362.jpg

IMAG0363.jpg

IMAG0366.jpg

IMAG0367.jpg

IMAG0368.jpg

IMAG0369.jpg

IMAG0371.jpg

IMAG0379.jpg

This is the first guitar from a run of 5 that I built. I figured I would post it here to see if anyone was interested. This guitar will carry a price tag of $3200.00 direct, but the price for anyone on the forum here is $2700.00 shipped with a black hardshell case.

Thanks Dan

G Man

Reaction score
Beautiful work Dan. If I had the $$$ I'd already be in the car heading your way.

Gaetano

Reaction score
What a pretty guitar :)

Free bump for a piece of art!

DGNRepair

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Not that I can afford it right now (but soon) I have always wanted a Les Paul, Flame top, maybe with a Floyd (I'll just wait to get an Axcess) but with a hockey stick headstock. Like an Explorer or a Hamer Standard..

Is this possible with your shop...?

PM sent.

DGNRepair

MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Bump cuz its friday night and I don't have any gigs this weekend. :dude:

Latest Threads