Design for a pedalboard?

PurpleFlanger

Reaction score
Does anybody have any pedalboard designs where the pedals stay stable to the board and won't slip off in transit.
I want something where you don't have to carry it two handed, and I can hold it one hand and have the guitar case in the other.

It's a weird idea but something similiar to this.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...ed=0CDAQ9QEwBQ

I want also a variety of ways of sticking the pedals to the board for maximum stability (Velcro, cableties and anything else). I want to hold it upside down and the pedals not fall off.

Big enough to have pedals going up and along (Like the BOSS board does 4 pedals along, but you can make it taller and have another set above it. KInd of like that). So enough to house a big muff, electric mistress, and maybe 4 other boss sized pedals (up and along).

I know this sounds really mad and crazy...

Also with a 'wedge' tilt on the board to give room for an MXR DC Brick...

ehamady6

Reaction score
I guarantee your pedals won't move using these pedal locks I make and sell. The rock solid stability you feel when stomping on a locked down pedal is awesome. You can grab one pedal and lift the entire board. No velcro to knacker the pedals and drive down their resale value.

ehamady6-albums-ehamady6-album-picture24401-fbm-top.jpg
ehamady6-albums-ehamady6-album-picture24400-ls1-top.jpg

I built a wedge and my PP2+ power supply fits inside easily and the wedge hides all the cables.
I also installed Neutrik jacks and a power jack to make the board easier to plug-n-play:
Before
ehamady6-albums-ehamady6-album-picture22996-pedalboard-before.jpg

After
ehamady6-albums-ehamady6-album-picture21198-pedalboard-after.jpg
ehamady6-albums-ehamady6-album-picture21197-pb-22.jpg

mudfinger

Thanks for the memories.
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to confirm the magnificence of Ehamady's pedal locks; I stole that idea from him for my "Mojo Bag", and you really can lift the whole board by any given pedal. Sheer genius. :thumb:

themojobag_001.jpg

BrianM

Reaction score
I'm almost finished with a small PedalTrain Jr board I'm building. Just using the velcro included with the board, it seems strong enough. I can pick it up sideways, or hold it upside down and the pedals don't move. The down side is having to stick velcro to the pedals, but whatever. I buy them to be used.

PurpleFlanger

Reaction score
Hmm this is such a big thing to decide.
Hand build something that could potentially be bad quality or make something that is good and have the pride that you built it yourself. Or you can go and buy something very lazily that will do the job amazingly well...

ehamady6

Reaction score
Ooh, do you ship to the UK?

Yup. $15 US for 40 locks. You can use 4 or 2 locks per pedal so you'll be able to lock down 10 - 20 pedals.
No mods to the pedals are necessary and you use the pedal's existing screws to attach the locks to the pedal.

There are several ways to attach the locks to the board. Below is a picture showing 2 different methods -- a screw and wingnut on the left and a small wood screw on the right. I use the wingnut method for all of my locks because the wedge provides the room underneath.

ehamady6-albums-ehamady6-album-picture27250-wingnut.jpg

BrianM

Reaction score
The way I look at it, it's something I'm going to keep on the floor, and kick and step on it alot. Sweat on it, spill drinks on it. My board is not even fully done and it's already had my buddys big dog fall asleep on it, at my feet while jamming.

Hector Arcadius

Reaction score
Yup. $15 US for 40 locks. You can use 4 or 2 locks per pedal so you'll be able to lock down 10 - 20 pedals.
No mods to the pedals are necessary and you use the pedal's existing screws to attach the locks to the pedal.

There are several ways to attach the locks to the board. Below is a picture showing 2 different methods -- a screw and wingnut on the left and a small wood screw on the right. I use the wingnut method for all of my locks because the wedge provides the room underneath.

ehamady6-albums-ehamady6-album-picture27250-wingnut.jpg

Sooner or later I think I will take you up on that offer. That velcro thing starts to get on my nerves. The velcro keeps being stuck to the board, but... not on the pedals! and the pedals keep falling off and moving in my board.:mad2:

The only down-side I can think of in your system, is that you will have to decide on a final place of the pedals on the board, just to avoid drilling it all the time. That's probably the only thing holding me at the moment.

PurpleFlanger

Reaction score
That's the problem.

I have the choice of some really good pedals to go on the end of my rig to tighten up the sound which include some sort of noise gate, Boss CS3 Compressor, EHX Soul Preacher Compressor and a BBE Sonic Maximiser.

So hard to choose.

Byron999

Reaction score
I saw something on using bicycle chain links for lock downs. Taking the chain apart. I'm also looking into building one me self.

Bike chain lockdowns

adkima00

Reaction score
Here's my board at the moment. It really only goes to church, and has all the basics covered. It's a piece of scrap 3/8" plywood covered with duct tape (only to reduce splinters). I stapled a welcome mat to the top of that and cut it flush to the edges with a utility knife. I cut the female end off of an extension cord and wired it to an outlet. I use bike chain links to hold everything down with small wood screws. I also added a handle to help carry it and to have a place to velcro the extension cord. The only thing besides the pedals that I had to buy was the welcome mat. Everything else was scrap in my basement.

032.jpg

PurpleFlanger

Reaction score
Nice sketchy board and that Tuner looks old as F!

I'm deciding between the bike chain lock idea or just a collector of really strong velcro and cableties (My velcro is poor to say the least).

I also need to choose between a compressor, sonic stomp or noise gate.

Latest Threads