Desert Star Guitars, 021

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
My Desert Star #021 arrived today.

Let’s get the specs out of the way:

Custom-color metallic "British Racing Green", hand-rubbed nitrocellulose lacquer. Single-cutaway Junior design, one-piece Spanish Cedar neck and body, African blackwood fret board with white side markers only, Jescar 47-104 fret wire, Lindy Fralin noiseless P-90 pickup, Kluson aluminum bridge, Wilkinson Deluxe tuning machines. Neck is custom-carve with a consistent .920 profile thickness down to the 13th fret where the neck heel joins the body. Electronics include CTS pot and PIO cap. Weight - 7 lbs, 4 oz.

Dave has outdone himself with this guitar, the fit and finish are FLAWLESS. It has a mirror shine, the fretboard is nice and black… amazing.

The neck feels so damn good, it makes for easy, easy playing, it fits comfortable AF in my hand, the guitar really plays itself. You can feel the entire guitar vibrate when you play it. Amazing.

6E86770E-DF2D-4478-9263-5C42D1A139BE.jpeg

Besides being spec’ed to exactly how I ordered it, it excels over anything I’ve played/owned from the Gibson Custom Shop. And I own a Historic 57RI Jr. and have played a ton of them. It’s so damn light…. A real pleasure to play.

Here’s a short vid I just cut:

I have to really thank Dave, not only for his incredible workmanship, but he made me feel I was right there with him throughout the build process. You will not get this personalized service anywhere else.

More to follow!

kewl kat

Reaction score
Wow. If I ever learn to play (tongue in cheek), on of those, in near duplicate as shown, will be on my bucket list.

As a former flamenco player for a few years when I was much much younger, I can really appreciate the Spanish cedar. And the neck carve makes sense to me too.

Serious congrats both to you Victor, as the creator / beneficiary, and Dave, as the master builder. A truly masterful job!

Cheers :cheers:

Latest Threads