Demo: 2001 R9 Murphy Aged Brazilian Fret Board LZ's The Wanton Song Cover

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I just posted this video today. This is the one I wanted to do for the tone report, but I had to wait to get the MXR Phase 90. I spent many hours videoing it, trying to get it right. I spent at least as many hours in production, trying to line it up, get the balance right, volume right, etc. Two nights ago I was recording and working on production until 4:30am; and that was only a piece of it. When I got up yesterday morning, I took a look at what I had put together, decided it sounded like ASS and re-recorded everything yesterday afternoon as well as the last pieces. I spent about 5-6 hours last night with the final production. There are a lot of small files that had to go together. And it still is nowhere near perfect. BUT, for me, it is presentable, and that is all I wanted. It is difficult to play. All of it is hard for me - to make sound anywhere close. Nothing about that song is easy. Intro, chord progression, bridge transition, solo....oh, wait, the backing rhythm behind the solo is pretty easy.......I did this one with the 2001 R9 braz; all of it on that guitar. This one took so much time, I don't see me doing the song again with the Page #1 (I had wanted to do a comparison of the tone). Maybe I will go back & do the solo on the Page & leave the rest on the 01 braz......Anyway, I know it is a little off, not perfect. So please save those comments! LOL And the Phase 90 does not have the right Leslie sound on the solo. As a reminder, the guitar has Shed Zepp pickups in it. Anyway, enough words. Here you go!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVUuykhlqXw]Led Zeppelin The Wanton Song Cover on a 2001 Gibson Les Paul Brazilian Fret Board Shed Zepp Pickups - YouTube[/ame]

Fiftywattmafia

Reaction score
Hell yeah, John....right on. Great playing, great sounding guitar...and thanks a bunch for putting the time it and always producing great sounding vidoes with your great playing and gear

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Anyone try it with headphones? I suspect you could really hear the disconnect between the guitars that way but you can also hear the different guitar parts.

JPP373

Reaction score
Sounds Awesome:applause: Great Playing and Props for all the Hard work getting this one Produced:jam:

RAG7890

Reaction score
Anyone try it with headphones? I suspect you could really hear the disconnect between the guitars that way but you can also hear the different guitar parts.

Agree, headphones are a must; i.e. if you go to all this trouble I can at least slap on the cans.........it does sound way better than my crappy laptop speakers. :)

:thumb: :applause:

BTW John, your 2001 looks almost as nice as mine.........almost...........but not quite..........:laugh2: :D :naughty:

:cheers:

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Agree, headphones are a must; i.e. if you go to all this trouble I can at least slap on the cans.........it does sound way better than my crappy laptop speakers. :)

:thumb: :applause:

BTW John, your 2001 looks almost as nice as mine.........almost...........but not quite..........:laugh2: :D :naughty:

:cheers:

Almost huh? I will take that!

Tim Plains

Reaction score
Good stuff. :thumb:
Personally, I'd rather hear what your gear sounds like with just a camera in front and not digitally enhanced.
Mind you, it all sounds just the same through my computer speakers. :)

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'd rather hear what your gear sounds like with just a camera in front and not digitally enhanced.

I am not sure what you mean. I did not alter the tone in any way. I did not put it through an equalizer. The only thing I did was put all of the pieces together with the backing track. The sound is not enhanced.

JimmyAce2006

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow someone rated this thread two whole stars (means "Bad")! Makes me want to keep doing this! LOL!

Latest Threads