Delusional Sellers/Listings - Hall of Shame

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Were there any upgrades? It seems like he just replaced th estock parts with identical new parts, which is 100% not of interest to a buyer.
I mean it's got to be a typo, right? He meant to write $1,500. Except that it's been reposted multiple times...

Fret Hopper

Reaction score
But that LP Trad ...
...has a complete change over of parts.
.. he removed all the marginal parts and hardware.
...replaced the Alnico 2 Traditional Humbuckers with new Gibson dual coil 496R and 500T cermamic dual coil pickups,
....cermamic dual coil pickups...remember that...none of that ceramic magnet bullshit!
... new Gibson Black pickup hardware, pickup switch knob and washer and a brand new Gibson Black pick guard!
...new strings
.. over $1,000 worth of extra work and parts. I wonder if that "extra work" involved repairing a busted headstock?!?

Considering he's got over $2,500 in this guitar, he must have got a halfway decent deal when he bought it - Gibson shows MSRP at $2879

The guy knows what he's got, since he won't accept offers as this a Special Custom equipped guitar!

Too bad it doesn't ...play like butter, have amazing tone, or just plain sound awesome!
Those are the deal killers for me.

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now the price on that Ovation is truly delusional! I have heard that Ovations are out of favor with many acoustic players.
I'm not sure they were ever in favor, except as something to bang around the camp fire, or for hard-duty touring.
We used to bag on their tone back in the FidoNet days.

SASouth

Reaction score
Check this one out. $4000 for a 1978 Standard?

The seller sez:

The Kalamazoo Michigan plant is infamous for its craftsmanship and Handmade Guitars before the Plant burned down in 1982. All modern Gibson Les Pauls' after 1982 are now made by machines.

Say what? I think Heritage Guitars would be surprised to hear that.

LP1865

Reaction score
The Kalamazoo Michigan plant is infamous for its craftsmanship and Handmade Guitars before the Plant burned down in 1982. All modern Gibson Les Pauls' after 1982 are now made by machines.
Ugh. I hate when people don't research

Dolebludger

Reaction score
What is a ‘74 LP worth? And what is that extra switch in the middle of the knobs?

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
well, that is not a 1974 Custom and it is also a scam @Dolebludger .....remember the other thread about the scams and girls names on email accounts listed in Craig's list??

go look.

A clean 1974 Custom will be $3-$4k today....depending on color and condition.

Dolebludger

Reaction score
HardCore,

Thanks.. No I didn’t see the girl’s names post. I’ll try to find it. I was just curious about the two Norlin era LPs at radically different prices.

Latest Threads